Are there any tandem airplanes w/FADEC engine?

kicktireslightfires

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
kicktireslightfires
Does a tandem FADEC exist? The only one I'm aware of is the Blackshape Prime with 915iS, but none exist in the USA yet and there's only a handful of them over in Europe. I'm really trying to find a tandem configuration airplane that has a FADEC engine. Seems like it's a unicorn. Anyone know of one? Or if nothing else, a tandem airplane that has the right CG for a Rotax 915iS to be installed?

Why do you need a FADEC? Mixture control is not what I'd call the most taxing part of piloting an aircraft.

I would think that any homebuilt that takes something between a C-85 and O-200 would be adaptable, you might need a longer engine mount to compensate for the lack of weight, but that shouldn't be a big deal unless you are looking for a tab A into slot B kit.

I would think a Tucano-R Experimental could be fitted with a 915iS. Standard engine is a 912, 914, or 912 with mechanical compressor and three blade variable pitch prop.

Tucano-R Experimental

Tucano-R Experimental.jpg

This is NOT the LSA version.

Last edited:
I would think a Tucano-R Experimental could be fitted with a 915iS. Standard engine is a 912, 914, or 912 with mechanical compressor and three blade variable pitch prop.

Tucano-R Experimental

View attachment 86743

This is NOT the LSA version.

Thanks! What I can't understand is why it has FAKE horizontal exhaust outlets. Why aren't those the real exhaust outlets? That seems so lame to put fake exhaust pipes on it and then there's clearly the vertical real exhaust pipe seen just below it.

Thanks! What I can't understand is why it has FAKE horizontal exhaust outlets. Why aren't those the real exhaust outlets? That seems so lame to put fake exhaust pipes on it and then there's clearly the vertical real exhaust pipe seen just below it.
It's a replica of an airplane with a turboprop engine; those phony exhaust pipes are draggy and as far as I can tell provide no useful purpose. You don't like 'em, don't put 'em on your kit.

Back