Are the rudder pedals on your Piper worn?

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
Piper wants $60 for a replacement. Harley Davidson sells the exact part for $3-4. Order "Custom Chrome part number 12241" and if discontinued, they have a replacement that is still exact.

Juuuuuust sayin.

Lets see...got a Studebaker trim handle, a Volkswagon door handle and now Harley Davidson rudder pads. I'm multi-manufactural.

can't you just get a pair of these:

mgG12xi9hULN0-jT7C710rg.jpg

Late '50's Ford Fairlane door handles are an exact replacement for early Cessna 182 door handles.

Not that I'd ever do such a thing, mind you... <whistles>

Tim...the door handles and the trim handle came from the factory. Piper used parts from Studebaker and Volkswagon. I added the Harley parts on my own. Just thought I'd pass it along here in case someone else wanted to replace theirs.

Just out of curiosity, does someone somewhere keep a list of "identical" parts and part numbers?

Tim

Yeah, that would be really cool and quite useful. Albeit FAA eyebrow raising...

Fuel tank level sensor gaskets on Bonanza are the same as 55-57 Chevrolet, ordered mine from Danchuk (seriously).

Makes sense - the senders are made by AC.

Yeah, that would be really cool and quite useful. Albeit FAA eyebrow raising...

At this point and using my example of the rudder pad, since its an identical part at 5% of the cost I would pay Piper (if they could deliver - which I doubt) the FAA can raise all the eyebrows they want. There is no way to prove the part that came off was Piper anyway since there were no markings on it whatsoever. The only other option is savaged parts and you roll the dice on the condition of those.

Hey, is this a trick question? I thought Piper pilots didn't actually use their rudder pedals?

Hey, is this a trick question? I thought Piper pilots didn't actually use their rudder pedals?

You have us confused with that other airplane...the one where the sidestick and auto-land handle on the ceiling do everything needed.

And I caught holy hell in another thread for even SUGGESTING that there might be a Beech aisle in Autozone.

Jim
Who gave you hell?

It is well known that if you have an early Cessna (1940s/50s) that many of the parts you need can be found at Tractor Supply.

Back