Are the Grand Cayman's doable?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
A pal went there (AA) and said it was a wonderful place. Pics of 7mile white sand beach seemed to back it up.
Clean, inexpensive (150/nite), fun educational things to do, non-scary food ie good food, catamarans, other watersports.
Said Fla-Cuba overflight-GC is a reasonable flight (obviously a few hrs overwater).

Stayed a week there in 2000. Great scuba diving, especially on the East end. At times the water was so clear I would swear could see a mile. If you want to dive with a few sharks, go to Jack McKenney's canyon. It's a badass dive even without the sharks.
You'll drive on the opposite side of the road so be ready for that if you are going to rent a car. Can be interesting lol.
The locals were quite nice. Stopped and got some Jerk chicken from a roadside vendor. Yummy.
Quite a haul from West Texas, but Google shows about 365mi from Key West, so seems quite doable in most GA craft.

I have been there a couple of times. Great diving and snorkeling. Be sure to visit the town of Hell and get a picture in front of the post office (you can prove you have Hell and back).

One of my partners takes the plane for a diving trip to Cayman Brac every other year. He picks up a raft from an outfit in Florida.

That would be an awesome trip, but man I’m too chicken to try something like that. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the trip for fear of an AOG issue. Just read an Air Facts article a couple days ago written by a guy that took his plane (and wife) to Cuba for a weekend. Very cool!

That would be an awesome trip, but man I’m too chicken to try something like that. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the trip for fear of an AOG issue. Just read an Air Facts article a couple days ago written by a guy that took his plane (and wife) to Cuba for a weekend. Very cool!

I'll go with your for backup. Come pick me up. :smilewinkgrin:

Back