Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
giant facepalm

Attachments

• facebookfail.jpg
    facebookfail.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 228
I love failbook. My daughter got me hooked on that several months ago.

Oh, this was an interaction I had today. I should probably submit it over there.

Edit: Done!

Last edited:
I tried, I really did. I even did a Google search on how to type special characters.... Tried alt, control, all that, the tilde, etc. Sorry no can do.

On a PC, use ALT + 0161 (¡upside down explanation point!) and ALT + 0191 (¿). Also use the Character Map program.

For the OP, Einstein is reputed to have said "there are two things without limits- the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe"

Waiting for someone to post the Snopes response to the Einstein thing...

So Kent, what are the instructions to type those characters on an iPad? :)

So Kent, what are the instructions to type those characters on an iPad? :)

Not Kent but that's easy ;)

Press and hold the corresponding character key, like N for ñ and ! for ¡

One of the few things that is easier on the iWhatever than on a real computer.

Android does the same thing for E, Y, U, I, O, A, S, C, and N

OK... I can't tell whether it was James or Jessica who brought your face to your palm. Either works for me. :rolleyes:

OK... I can't tell whether it was James or Jessica who brought your face to your palm. Either works for me. :rolleyes:

James is actually a pretty smart guy, he just knows where his limits are.

James is actually a pretty smart guy, he just knows where his limits are.

Yeah, but... absolute value??? C'mon! ;)
(Still, I appreciate anyone who understands his/her limits. The truly incompetent are incapable of knowing they're incompetent. [or so they say])

Yeah, but... absolute value??? C'mon! ;)
(Still, I appreciate anyone who understands his/her limits. The truly incompetent are incapable of knowing they're incompetent. [or so they say])

And the formula is still wrong...a square root has two solutions, so |x| = SQRT(x^2) is not correct, you would need to make it |x| = |sqrt(x^2)| which amounts to nothing really.

And the formula is still wrong...a square root has two solutions, so |x| = SQRT(x^2) is not correct, you would need to make it |x| = |sqrt(x^2)| which amounts to nothing really.

Yes. And your point is???

This is one I witnessed the day after Osama got killed. FYI this girl is 17
OSAMABINLADENS.jpg

Are people that stupid? Yes.

1 - I went to a bank robbery, looked at the tape, and the dude was wearing his HS letter jacket with a football on the sleeve, class year, and his name and jersey number on the back. Went to the school, pulled the yearbook from the library, compared photos, and went to his house.

2 - Dude goes into the 7-11, puts a $20 on the counter, asks for a pack of smokes. Clerk gets them, turns around, and the dude is pointing a gun at her. He wants the money, she opens the register and just pulls the whole drawer out and puts it on the counter (as if to say "here, take it!"). He grabs the money from the drawer and takes off.
I get there, ask her how much was in the drawer. She says $11, she had just made a drop into the safe.
I pick up the cash drawer to dust it for prints, and underneath is the $20 the guy put on the counter.......

In the book, the next sentence goes on to explain it. I only posted the 5th sentence, not the 5th, 6th, and 7th ones.

Are people that stupid? Yes.

1 - I went to a bank robbery, looked at the tape, and the dude was wearing his HS letter jacket with a football on the sleeve, class year, and his name and jersey number on the back. Went to the school, pulled the yearbook from the library, compared photos, and went to his house.

2 - Dude goes into the 7-11, puts a $20 on the counter, asks for a pack of smokes. Clerk gets them, turns around, and the dude is pointing a gun at her. He wants the money, she opens the register and just pulls the whole drawer out and puts it on the counter (as if to say "here, take it!"). He grabs the money from the drawer and takes off.
I get there, ask her how much was in the drawer. She says $11, she had just made a drop into the safe.
I pick up the cash drawer to dust it for prints, and underneath is the $20 the guy put on the counter.......

3 - Buddy of mine belonged to a local boxing club. One of the other guys was actually pretty good and had the potential to make it big. But he was a bit short of cash, and decided to stick up a local video store. He writes up a hold up note ahead of time, puts it in his wallet. See where this is going?
When the police arrive and ask the clerk if he can describe the robber – the clerk says, "Yea, he looks just like his drivers license photo."

4 - One morning, the plant safety officer comes in a bit bedraggled. He tells me he was up real early this morning for a fire at a local diner (he is a volunteer fire fighter) – then he says "it was unbelievable." "What's unbelievable about a fire at a greasy spoon?" I ask. "No – not the fire, it was after. There were two fire trucks and a bunch of our cars in the parking lot, we had hoses running through the door, and the whole fire department is there in turnout gear. And then, these people drive into the lot, park, walk in – stepping over the hoses – and sit down to wait for someone to take their order."

5 - I'm driving home, traffic is a mess – some problem up ahead Cop cars pushing their way through to get there – lights, sirens... I get up there and it’s a bank. Cop cars in the street. Cop cars on the sidewalk. This is not good. Then I see someone just ahead turn into the bank parking lot. Park. Walk in the front door.

6 - Motorcade down I-66 inbound to Washington, DC (one of the busiest commuter roads into the city). Causing all traffic to be stopped in a rolling-roadblock fashion and the road cleared of traffic until high-ranking-official passes. At 7:45 AM. On a weekday.

6 - Motorcade down I-66 inbound to Washington, DC (one of the busiest commuter roads into the city). Causing all traffic to be stopped in a rolling-roadblock fashion and the road cleared of traffic until high-ranking-official passes. At 7:45 AM. On a weekday.
Pols do it all the time. I got let off work early once because one had a speech that would go on during the evening ruch hour; another went from EWR down the NJ turnpike during the evening ruch hour almost to Philadelphia, with a rolling roadblock, one more pretty much closed Princeton, NJ during the evening rush.

This is one I witnessed the day after Osama got killed. FYI this girl is 17
OSAMABINLADENS.jpg
With a name like "Kelsi" and a head full of nothing, she's destined for the pole. You should get her a pair of stripper heels and some glitter. It would be like career counseling.

she was 7 when the towers fell. Bin Laden has barely been in the news for at least the last 5 years. it doesn't really surprise me that she has no clue who he was.

So which one got charged with the robbery?

The one that took the loss. We actually never found him, but losing $9 on a robbery is poetic justice, at least.

she was 7 when the towers fell. Bin Laden has barely been in the news for at least the last 5 years. it doesn't really surprise me that she has no clue who he was.
That's hardly an excuse. I was born in 1982, but it's not like my understanding or knowledge of history starts in 1995.
For example, if you made a Lee Harvey Oswald reference and I didn't get it, you'd think I was a bloomin' moron... and you'd be right. We're not talking about obscure historical figures here.
"Haha, did you hear that one about Edward Everett?"
"Edward who?"
"Ugh, the Secretary of State under Millard Fillmore. Don't you read?"

Back