ArcticAir Real A/C

We put one in our 310, I flew with it a little and it was ok at best, however I was just out goofing around nd and I think it was operator error.

My partner took it to Florida and it made a big difference, now t the freezer he was hoping for, but it kept his wife happy and the kids that normally get sick didn’t. In talking to him, it didn’t sound like it was fully putting out. Not sure if we have a problem or operator error.

We are down for a month for annual and avionics, going to Florida in August and can give a better pirep then.

Jim

If you decide to pull the trigger, ask for the fun and sun discount $4,250.00. They might still give it to you. They were great to work with and I read about problems that others had and it sounded like they were very responsive.

Jim

Ok, thanks for the info. I would buy the ice version, but way to lazy to fill it. Way to cheap to buy the after market version.

Interesting, but barely "portable" since you have to exhaust it through a hole into the tail of the plane.

At the highest amp setting they claim 7000BTU’s of cooling. FTA built in system puts out 16,000BTU’s. That’s a big difference and probably why it felt like it just wasn’t keeping up. To get that same 16,000BTU’s would take a draw of about 70A using a 12V system and an AC inverter. There’s just no getting around thermodynamics.

Don't have "Real" a/c unit, but do have an AA portable that I have been very happy with (it is a little work to fill with ice and dump water) and when I did have a small problem, customer service was great!

Back