Archer uses a E6B

charheep

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
charheep
In the last episode of Archer, he is trying to figure out if he has enough fuel to get the next island with a paved runway. So he pulls out his E6B and does the math.
I couldnt find a clip online just yet.

I thought it was good and entertaining. But no else in the room did..

http://www.fxnetworks.com/video/1220348483742#
5:05 minutes in

bhnAEBn.png

"Okay, Lucy, here's the plan... Mitimotu is here, but with the wheels stuck down, the closest airstrip we can land on is on Motu Papa... here. Which is west-northwest, a heading of 295 degrees. Let's call it 320 nautical miles. Airspeed 110, burn rate 50 per, call it 55 with the wheels down, if we run it lean and if the fuel pump holds, cause if it doesn't none of this **** matters, tailwind is 5, fuel-weight ratio, rho times alpha, then lift to drag where W is force in newtons, which means... if we catch a few breaks and the tailwind holds... our maximum range is... &*^@#&!!"

In the last episode of Archer, he is trying to figure out if he has enough fuel to get the next island with a paved runway. So he pulls out his E6B and does the math.
I couldnt find a clip online just yet.

I thought it was good and entertaining. But no else in the room did..
Such an awesome show, kudos to FX for getting do many subtle nuances of the show right

"Okay, Lucy, here's the plan... Mitimotu is here, but with the wheels stuck down, the closest airstrip we can land on is on Motu Papa... here. Which is west-northwest, a heading of 295 degrees. Let's call it 320 nautical miles. Airspeed 110, burn rate 50 per, call it 55 with the wheels down, if we run it lean and if the fuel pump holds, cause if it doesn't none of this **** matters, tailwind is 5, fuel-weight ratio, rho times alpha, then lift to drag where W is force in newtons, which means... if we catch a few breaks and the tailwind holds... our maximum range is... &*^@#&!!"
Overdrive really talks like that to! :D

Just have them read the script from Tales of the Gold Monkey since it is clearly a rip off of that show. I did like his autopilot though, made from materials he always seems to have around. I'm just wondering how they will fix the Goose on an island where the supply ship comes in six weeks.

Back