Archer II - Parts

Bman.

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bman.
Hey all-

Two questions:

1) Where can I find a strut fill cover for my Archer II? The plane came fresh out of annual and when I got back on the ground... the cover was gone. I would like to replace this cap.

2) I ended up buying into the plane that I did my primary training in. I am making my way through instrument training now. While I am shoveling money out the window, I thought I might start cleaning up a few miscellaneous items that would just make the interior a little cleaner - sticker kits, a few plastic pieces, new floor mat etc. What is the go to shop for Archer owners? )1979 PA-28-181)

Thanks
Benjamin

Plane plastics for interior plastic parts. Fitting required.

Strut fill cover can be found at Lowe’s aircraft supply and homecenter - refinishing required.

Might also want to post this in the piper forum.

Strut fill cover can be found at Lowe’s aircraft supply and homecenter - refinishing required.

Take the cover (Button cover for the Schrader valve, piper part 63595-00) from the other wing, drive over to Lowe's or Ace or TruValue, they'll know exactly what you need. There are multiple sizes, which is why you take the other one with you. Cheap, maybe a buck at most.

Thanks - The first Lowe's didn't have the correct diameter in stock! Guess there have been a few PA-28's with those covers flying off.

How critical are those expander rings on the inside of cover prongs? I see them on the cover I took to the store, obviously not included on the ones I picked up.

Thanks - The first Lowe's didn't have the correct diameter in stock! Guess there have been a few PA-28's with those covers flying off.

How critical are those expander rings on the inside of cover prongs? I see them on the cover I took to the store, obviously not included on the ones I picked up.
Those little prongs are what keep the cover on the access hole.

Are you talking about Wilkie buttons? The metal ones with prongs? Auto parts store.

Back