Want To Buy ARC IN-525b

Dave Arata

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
Hello all-

In my attempt to equip my little Cessna 150 with a GS VOR, it turns out that the one my avionics shop was going to install is not compatible with the remote GS receiver. Sigh... Apparently, I need a ARC IN-525b and I'm hopeful I may find one here for a reasonable price. Refurbished units are selling for $350 or so. Anybody have one laying around that they're willing to part with?

Thank you!

No, but if you wait patiently on EBay you can get one for under $100 or maybe a little bit more if you aren't as patient. Which indicator were you going to use? The IN-525A is also compatible, though the plug is different. The "A" doesn't have a backcourse light, which in most installations doesn't do anything anyway (no, it doesn't automatically light up when you fly a backcourse) so it doesn't really matter.

The VOR to be installed may have been a King, but I'm not certain. I'll keep an eye out for the "A" or "B" model. I appreciate the heads up the on the differences.

The VOR to be installed may have been a King, but I'm not certain. I'll keep an eye out for the "A" or "B" model. I appreciate the heads up the on the differences.

According to Bennett "The ARC (Cessna) IN-525B is the standard VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator for the 14 volt RT-328 series NAV/COMMs. "

Back