Aprt signage

Damned if i know Richard. But i'll guess it's Special Service unit.
If you find out it's something differant let us know
Dave G.

Security System Upgrade.

What system, I don't know. Perhaps Airport Security per 14CFR 107.13.

KDAG does not have scheduled commercial service. The 'terminal' building is a temporary trailer but it looks to have been there for many years. It appears the Army is the primary (only) tenet of this public use airport.

The Army's presence explains why the yellow sign would be posted at this desolate, almost deserted, airport.

Attachments

• Mooney cat, KDAG, clouds 012.jpg
    Mooney cat, KDAG, clouds 012.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
  • Mooney cat, KDAG, clouds 018.jpg
    Mooney cat, KDAG, clouds 018.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • Mooney cat, KDAG, clouds 017.jpg
    Mooney cat, KDAG, clouds 017.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • Mooney cat, KDAG, clouds 020.jpg
    Mooney cat, KDAG, clouds 020.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
I don't know, but they misspelled "Daggett", so why do you think they got "SSU" right?

The Army's presence explains why the yellow sign would be posted at this desolate, almost deserted, airport.
You mean Homeland Security raised the field elevation? Dang, they have some power!

Curiosity got the best of me, so I called the fbo who referred me to source. Bob w/ the FAA tells me it stands for the FAA's Sector Support Unit. They maintain the navaids, runway lights etc.

Last edited:
Curiosity got the best of me, so I called the fbo who referred me to source. Bob w/ the FAA tells me it stands for the FAA's Sector Support Unit. They maintain the navaids, runway lights etc.

Ah... thanks. Gotta love "telephone Googling". Works great.

No. But we ALL noticed you didn't read the whole thread. :rofl::rofl::rofl::D

Heh... Well, I read the whole thread after I'd already disconnected from the grid. I wrote my post, and when I reconnected, it posted... And showed me Grant's now-previous post. :D

Back