April 1st Jokes

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
OK, so post here any of the funny stuff you discover today. I've not yet opened my aero-news.net email, they are notorious for their April 1st gag emails, and today should be no different.

First thing I did today was sit down to check email on gmail. Before I remembered it was April 1st, I saw this on the login screen:

New! Introducing Gmail Paper

Everyone loves Gmail. But not everyone loves email, or the digital era. What ever happened to stamps, filing cabinets, and the mailman? Well, you asked for it, and it’s here. We’re bringing it back.

A New Button
ss_afj.jpg

Now in Gmail, you can request a physical copy of any message with the click of a button, and we'll send it to you in the mail.

Simplicity Squared
Google will print all messages instantly and prepare them for delivery. Allow 2-4 business days for a parcel to arrive via post.

Total Control
A stack of Gmail Paper arrives in a box at your doorstep, and it’s yours to keep forever. You can read it, sort it, search it, touch it. Or even move it to the trash—the real trash. (Recycling is encouraged.)

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe
Google takes privacy very seriously. But once your email is physically in your hands, it's as secure as you want to make it.

The link led to this: http://mail.google.com/mail/help/paper/more.html

Note, no small print warning that it's a joke, either. :) I wonder how many people will think it's real? :)

You gotta figure Google has had so many brain storming and employee suggestions sessions that all of these actually came up.

I found the Bruce the Yak in Apple's Final Cut which came out of those kind of sessions with the developers. (Not an April fool. Google for it.)

headline at aero-news.net is that Marion Blakely has flunked her Private Pilot Written Test for the 4th time. Something else in there about Columbia offering remote start as an option. AOPA is giving away an Airbus A380. Daley is opening Meigs Spaceport. and the list goes on and on.

ug the guy who does grahical soaring forecasts flipped them all upside down. I totally bit, posted on his forum and everything...jeesh

ug the guy who does grahical soaring forecasts flipped them all upside down. I totally bit, posted on his forum and everything...jeesh
Hehehe... good on ya for admitting it! :D

Where do you find such forecasts and where can I find out how to interpret them? Thankee!

Hehehe... good on ya for admitting it! :D

Where do you find such forecasts and where can I find out how to interpret them? Thankee!

www.drjack.info all the information thats hidden in the skew-T's but graphically depicted. very easy to interpret. pretty cheap subscription, 12 bucks a year or something.

One of our local DJ's has an entry in the list of all time great practical jokes. On his show one April 1st, he announced that the Space Shuttle was going to be diverted to Montgomery Field in San Diego (runway length 4000') for some reason I can't recall. Traffic at the airport was snarled by all the people who came out to watch it land. The shuttle was not airborne at the time.
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/comments/885/

Last edited:
Neal Boortz once planned with his producer to play an April Fool's joke on the audience where he would walk out of the studio, pretending to quit. The producer would fill in for twenty minutes or so; long enough to make it play well on the audience.

However, Neal left the building. Leaving the producer alone to fill in for the remainder of the show, the joke ended up being on him.

I once bit on 770 KKOB in Albuquerque's prank. It was April 1st, 1997 (I assume, as I was a Freshman in high school), and they announced that the Hale Bopp comet had exploded far out in space. It would be so bright, that you shouldn't look at it with your own eyes. It happened about 3 hours before the light would have hit the earth, so there was plenty of warning.

They had scientists on discussing the ramifications of it and everything. I actually made my class go outside to see it happen just after 9am.

Boy was I embarrassed.

Back