Appropriate Decor

Incidentally, BIA is the former Dow Air Force Base, with its 12,500' runway. The first time I flew into there I was behind a KC-135. When I was in the flare it looked as though the entire world was still in front of me. Tower told me to use Taxiway Mike; well, Mike was about a thousand feet down the pike. I felt like a mouse while taxiing past a long line of KC-135(National Guard is present at BIA).

HR

Cool to see no doubt.
The restaurant south of the Museum of Flight at BFI has tons of suspended models covering the whole ceiling which is quite impressive. Another specialized variation is a whole bunch of models of B17 in formations above the desks in an FBO at La Grande.

Last edited:
Dave Krall CFII said:
Cool to see no doubt.
The restaurant south of the Museum of Flight at BFI has tons of suspended models covering the whole ceiling which is quite impressive. Another specialized variation is a whole bunch of models of B17 in formations above the desks in an FBO at La Grande.

Which restaurant it that? I haven't been up to the MoF in a while and that might be an added reason to drive up (fly up VFR this time of year? No way).

Ghery said:
Which restaurant it that? I haven't been up to the MoF in a while and that might be an added reason to drive up (fly up VFR this time of year? No way).

It's right on the SW corner & called Randy's.
It also has a bunch of original pilots' magazines of all sorts going back to the 50s !

Back