Approach plate holder

ive got a homeade one, thanks to jrdodge. a staples clipboard about the same size as the bound charts, with a piece of plexiglas riveted to the clip. Holds the chart in place. I just set the thing on my lap and haven't had any problems

jdwatson said:
Awhile back someone was looking for an approach plate holder for their leg. I saw this at avshop.com today:

http://www.avshop.com/prodinfo.asp?number=6897
I've used one similar to that for years and years and I love it. But mine was canvas so it conformed to my leg, and I liked it much better than the clipboard kind. A friend in the Air Force gave it to me back in the 80's. I lost it last year and sure would like to find a new one.

Chip

Dang - you guys have good eyesight, how can you read the crossing radial sideways when it is way down on your knee?!? (I need mine right in front of me)

Let'sgoflying! said:
Dang - you guys have good eyesight, how can you read the crossing radial sideways when it is way down on your knee?!? (I need mine right in front of me)
You need it closer? On my knee isn't far enough away anymore!!

OK I get it now!
Eyes are funny. 45 and Im still Mr Myopia while all my friends are stretching their holding arm to the max, I know my time will come.
My mechanic is almost 60 and he was blessed with perfect, fixed vision for life. "Look at the damage to this bearing, Dave." while he points to a completely invisible, electron-microscopic, nanometer scratch probably done by a passing ant with long toenails.

Back