Approach Airspace Charts

darrell

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
darrell
At work I came across the attached chart, and it looks to be immensely helpful. However, it is about 8 years old and I know some of the freqs are different. I was wondering if anyone has seen charts like this before, and where they might be available.

Attachments

• JAX Approach Airspace.pdf
    506 KB · Views: 79
That's a pretty ghetto approach plate for sure.

It's a ghetto approach plate in much the same way that a ball point pen is a ghetto space shuttle.

Jeppesen has these as part of their terminal pack:

Attachments

• Denver B.pdf
    665.6 KB · Views: 39
That chart looks vaguely familiar, but I can't recall any details of where I might have seen it. My guess is that it comes from the ATC world. You might run it past someone in Jacksonville Approach and ask them if they know.

I've seen the diagram for the local TRACON's airspace, which I thought was interesting and useful... But unfortunately, the FAA doesn't agree so there's no place to get that information unless you've got a friend in ATC. :frown2:

NM DOT published one like that once upon a time. I scored one of them a couple of weeks ago at a safety seminar. It comes on the back side of a large and mostly useless map.

I would love to find an equivalent for Phoenix and Denver, too. Jacksonville is too far for me.

Jeppesen has these as part of their terminal pack:

That is a standard Den Class B airspace description. But it does not show how the sectors and freqs are allocated within TRACON.

Such a chart would be difficult in today's environment. The sector boundaries within the LAS TRACON change with landing runway configuration.

That is a standard Den Class B airspace description. But it does not show how the sectors and freqs are allocated within TRACON.

Such a chart would be difficult in today's environment. The sector boundaries within the LAS TRACON change with landing runway configuration.

Potomac Tracon used to have the maps on their site (which darned if I can find anymore). Depending on which runway was active different maps applied. The outer sectors stay the same usually, but the final frequency (e.g., 125.8 at IAD) obviously moves around with where the landing runway is.

Back