Apply for jobs while in HIMS ....

HIMSpilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
HIMSpilot
I'm new to the program and applying for flying jobs. Airline Apps (and others) wants to know what I've been doing for the past two years. Is it suggested to tell them that I've entered HIMS and have been working the program while awaiting my medical?
Thanks!

I'm new to the program and applying for flying jobs. Airline Apps (and others) wants to know what I've been doing for the past two years. Is it suggested to tell them that I've entered HIMS and have been working the program while awaiting my medical?
Thanks!

What you’re describing sounds like a job history question. Why turn it into a medical history question?

It seems to me that appropriate answers might be volunteering for the peace corps, working at an orphanage, training for the priesthood, operating a home for wayward women, running a soup kitchen for furloughed airline pilots, etc.

Don’t lie about medical information, of course, but also don’t answer questions that haven’t been asked.

What you’re describing sounds like a job history question. Why turn it into a medical history question?

It seems to me that appropriate answers might be volunteering for the peace corps, working at an orphanage, training for the priesthood, operating a home for wayward women, running a soup kitchen for furloughed airline pilots, etc.

Don’t lie about medical information, of course, but also don’t answer questions that haven’t been asked.
Thanks! .. am trying to err on the side of something resembling honesty. But your point is certainly well taken.

Back