Apple Fitness+ Airplay Broken

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
I really wanted to try this fitness app from Apple so I signed up for the free trial. Supposedly you can use Airplay to stream the videos to your smart tv.

Well.....Good 'ol Apple did another stupid.

The preview videos will stream on Airplay but the actual workouts will not. When in a workout video on the iPhone, you can only see the iPhone for the list of airplay devices available even though it is already connected to the tv. All you get on the smart tv is audio.

Lots of people are reporting this. I suspect Apple did this on purpose to force people to buy an Apple TV device or use the smaller screens for the workouts.

This is just stupid. Apple can do things really well and screw up other things. They probably did it on purpose though. I will be cancelling the subscription before I get charged for it. Not buying an overpriced ($149) AppleTV when I Already have Roku and I will remain a 1 Apple device person.

Last edited:
Sounds like digital rights stuff gone wrong on the videos.

But when you’re making billions, why bother testing? LOL

Sounds like digital rights stuff gone wrong on the videos.

But when you’re making billions, why bother testing? LOL
I just got done reading some posts on Apple's forums. Their customer support says Fitness+ uses an Airplay "like" system and may never work with traditional Airplay 2 devices unless Apple decides to make it work. Might be DRM but Apple did it on purpose, just not sure the reason why. I was willing to go further down the Apple rabbit hole but I will resist now. They keep giving me reasons to not buy Apple hardware.

And I do not like their exercise videos! Many reasons, two off the top of my head - I was done with raves a very long time ago :) and the videos a bit too easy for me or boring. Back to Peloton (no peloton bike, but the videos are great).

Maybe we can get to this topic in a year to see if both matters improved!

Aren’t there some good Richard Simmons classics floating around YouTube or the usual assorted piracy download torrent sites? LOL LOL LOL.

Aren’t there some good Richard Simmons classics floating around YouTube or the usual assorted piracy download torrent sites? LOL LOL LOL.

Jack LaLane

Apple should wish they could replace that meowing thingy with either of those two! LOLOL boy do I hate that squeaking timbre! :D trying to get at 45 min of cycling without riding Cali hills is impossible :(

Apple should wish they could replace that meowing thingy with either of those two! LOLOL boy do I hate that squeaking timbre! :D trying to get at 45 min of cycling without riding Cali hills is impossible :(

LOL. Now I want to see a pirated copy just to see the “meowing thingy”.

Always amazes me, the fitness industry.

Lift heavy things. Your own body counts.
Hang on monkey bars and do a pull up.
Run.

Fitness! Done!

LOL

I’ve enjoyed a couple of Fitness+ spinning videos on my stationary bike using my iPhone. Nice having heart rate and interval times right on the display.

But my iPad can’t find my Apple Watch. Googling, it’s not an isolated issue. But when I tried in on my Apple TV both my watch and my wife’s showed up as options and seemed to work as advertised.

Hopefully just a few bugs to work out.

Back