Appareo Stratus

gkaiser

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
gkaiser
Anybody know where I can rent one? I've got a long-distance flight planned for this summer/fall..and don't know if I can justify $800 for something I'd only use at most five times a year...Just think it would be a nice extra safety layer to have for my longer-flights and wouldn't mind playing with it..

I found one for rent through Sporty's..but you have to be a customer of Cincinnati Aviation which doesn't help me as I live near Chicago...

I bought one and split it with a friend. I'm in the same category.. will only use a few times per year.

You might bring this up with some pilots who fly at your airport. I bet you'd get some interest.

I wish I knew more pilot's at my local airport otherwise I would propose exactly that. The only thing possible solution I'm (debating) is buying one myself and renting it now to help recoup my cost..but not sure if that'd be a worthwhile decision or not.

I think that might be more trouble than its worth, just my opinion.

You might consider putting up a flyer at your airport asking if anyone is interested in splitting the cost. I bet you'd get a few calls/emails

Where are you going, and when? If I'm not taking any trips in that time frame, I might be willing to let you borrow mine...

5K6 (westosha,wi) to Grove,OK (KGMJ)..around 465nm.....August 3rd-10th....

I'm hoping to complete my PPL by end of February so I'll still be a very low time PPL at the time of my trip and would just like the extra layer of comfort being able to micro-manage and check the weather along my route....

Just checked ebay..theres one for sale..reserve auction..currently at $504.99, reserve not met. Buy it now for $749. His buy it now is kind of hefty...

Still don't know if I can justify $600-$700 for something I'd only use a handful of times at most. I always check wx before..and if I'm playing the wx that close that I need to monitor it in-flight maybe I shouldn't be flying that day...

Last edited:
Back