Apparently my prediction for a new Garmin product was wrong.

dnhill

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
hill
I expected for the handheld market Garmin would put out something new like a 895/896 product that would integrate the GDL39 (ADS-B in). There was a price drop for the 795/796 and I read into it that there would be a new product introduced at Oshkosh. Perhaps sometime later.

I hate being wrong. I should get used to it, it happens so frequently (just ask my spouse).

When has garmin ever spoken the truth before introducing a new product,have to sell off the old products first.

I expected for the handheld market Garmin would put out something new like a 895/896 product that would integrate the GDL39 (ADS-B in). There was a price drop for the 795/796 and I read into it that there would be a new product introduced at Oshkosh. Perhaps sometime later.

I hate being wrong. I should get used to it, it happens so frequently (just ask my spouse).

The GDL 39 works with the 795/796

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They want to make all they can off the previous models. In the broadcast industry at the NAB convention, manufacturers often have new products that don't come out unless the competition comes out with something new.

And with the evolution of tablets, once someone develops a full sun readable version, I suspect the portables will die a slow death.

The GDL 39 works with the 795/796

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And works really well except when you update the gdl-39 :mad3:
Working with garmin to trying to figure out why it no longer works after a firmware update.

Back