Apparent plane crash on TPC Scottsdale Golf Course

Clip-on tie, right?

LOL no. I live at the end of a dirt road and have exactly one suit that fits well, and it’s for funerals. Western style jacket. Black. Goes well with the black cowboy boots I hardly ever wear. (I’ve mentioned before that I only attend mandatory funerals or funerals of someone incredibly great. Otherwise, if I had something to say or do with you, we already did it when you were alive.)

There’s some old crappy ties from working in the oil biz in the 80s still in the closet that would go great on someone for a nostalgic Halloween costume. :)

Probably one blue blazer in there just for silly events where an abundance of shallow people hang out and want to be seen. Basic blue blazer and decent pants helps you blend into that crowd when you have to be around them.

(I think the last time I needed it was at an event where the Cirrus Marketing folks showed everyone a video of perfect looking people buzzing around in Cirri called “The Cirrus Life”. You won’t find it on their website, it’s pretty douchey. Even they know better than to put it on the Internet.) :)

LOL no. I live at the end of a dirt road and have exactly one suit that fits well, and it’s for funerals. Western style jacket. Black. Goes well with the black cowboy boots I hardly ever wear. (I’ve mentioned before that I only attend mandatory funerals or funerals of someone incredibly great. Otherwise, if I had something to say or do with you, we already did it when you were alive.)

Go to your friends funerals, or they might not go to yours...:rofl::rofl:

There’s some old crappy ties from working in the oil biz in the 80s still in the closet that would go great on someone for a nostalgic Halloween costume. :)

Probably one blue blazer in there just for silly events where an abundance of shallow people hang out and want to be seen. Basic blue blazer and decent pants helps you blend into that crowd when you have to be around them.

(I think the last time I needed it was at an event where the Cirrus Marketing folks showed everyone a video of perfect looking people buzzing around in Cirri called “The Cirrus Life”. You won’t find it on their website, it’s pretty douchey. Even they know better than to put it on the Internet.) :)

Man, you’ve got a TON of dork gear and formal wear.

So, departure stall possibly aggravated by aft cg and failure to avoid separation from terrain.

Man, you’ve got a TON of dork gear and formal wear.

So, departure stall possibly aggravated by aft cg and failure to avoid separation from terrain.

i.e. Pilot error. Stupid pilot error. Tragic.

I looked through the comments trying to find the answer but haven't seen anything yet - Does anyone know what the cause was of this crash?
No sir. All we have now is the preliminary report which summarizes the data collected from the initial on scene activities of the NTSB. It’s a methodical process that will likely take about a year or two before they release their probable cause.

No sir. All we have now is the preliminary report which summarizes the data collected from the initial on scene activities of the NTSB. It’s a methodical process that will likely take about a year or two before they release their probable cause.

I’m surprised they still have to go through all that.

After all a few posts back MetalCloud informed us all of the cause.

I’m surprised they still have to go through all that.

After all a few posts back MetalCloud informed us all of the cause.
Agreed. One would think the process would be a lot more streamlined and efficient than what’s still in place. More than a year or two lapses on average before the factual makes it’s way to the board for review on most of these multi-fatals.

Agreed. One would think the process would be a lot more streamlined and efficient than what’s still in place. More than a year or two lapses on average before the factual makes it’s way to the board for review on most of these multi-fatals.

Evidently the NTSB needs to dispense with all that white lab coat forensic shtick and just log in to PoA? :rolleyes:

Since we’re all speculating here, I’ll add my own NTSB style ‘Probable Cause’.

“The pilot in command’s improper preflight planning, which resulted in an overweight condition and aft-center of gravity, leading to an aerodynamic stall. Contributing to the accident was the pilot-in-command’s lack of flight experience in the type of aircraft.”

Let’s see how I do in a couple years. :)

Since we’re all speculating here, I’ll add my own NTSB style ‘Probable Cause’.

“The pilot in command’s improper preflight planning, which resulted in an overweight condition and aft-center of gravity and led to an aerodynamic stall. Contributing to the accident was the pilot-in-command’s lack of flight experience in the type of aircraft.”

Let’s see how I do in a couple years. :)

Shooting fish in a barrel.

But maybe we are all wrong and it was some trace of benadryl in the pilots urine that brought the plane down. Absurd medical incapacitation causes seem to be all the rage at the NTSB these days.

What brought the plane down ultimately was lack of airspeed and an aerodynamic stall. The root cause of the wreck was the owners need to impress a gaggle of out of town girls.

Man that girl was bangin’ too...sorry...too early

Ohhh ryannnn don’t tell me you don’t line up the ladies to fly in the 172.
I do..I’m guilty.. :D

I also never take more than two passengers at a time in the 172. I try to be conservative with this sport.

I don’t blame ya...I never take more than two at a time either ;)

What?! Not having 400 of your closest friends over for a little party? LOL...

http://kdvr.com/2018/04/24/neighbors-say-wild-sex-parties-disturb-upscale-castle-rock-community/

This has been in the news here this week. Hahaha. Sorry.

I do have to take exception to the story writer’s claim that Highland’s Ranch is one of our nicest neighborhoods here, though. It’s an incredibly boring massive suburban subdivision built to the lowest bidder to accommodate Californians moving here in droves in the 90s. The have HOA cops that measure your grass and crap like that. It’s suburban hell on Earth.

Apparently Biff and Muffy like to party after the park the Lexus and the Prius in the garage at night instead of golfing or whatever Highland Rancher’s usually do. Mow their lawns or something. LOL.

What?! Not having 400 of your closest friends over for a little party? LOL...

http://kdvr.com/2018/04/24/neighbors-say-wild-sex-parties-disturb-upscale-castle-rock-community/

This has been in the news here this week. Hahaha. Sorry.

I do have to take exception to the story writer’s claim that Highland’s Ranch is one of our nicest neighborhoods here, though. It’s an incredibly boring massive suburban subdivision built to the lowest bidder to accommodate Californians moving here in droves in the 90s. The have HOA cops that measure your grass and crap like that. It’s suburban hell on Earth.

Apparently Biff and Muffy like to party after the park the Lexus and the Prius in the garage at night instead of golfing or whatever Highland Rancher’s usually do. Mow their lawns or something. LOL.

Woooo hoooo! I’m moving to Colorado!

I love women...but I’m married now so it is now singular...woman

The cause of the crash was the plane hit the ground. Now before that It could have been aliens.....

Nope. Hitting the ground was a result. The causal factor was gravity overcoming lift.

Probable Cause:
“The unforgiving nature of gravity which resulted in a meteor like impact with planet Earth. Contributing to the accident were the various laws of physics that were also broken on the way down.”

Probable Cause:
“The unforgiving nature of gravity which resulted in a meteor like impact with planet Earth. Contributing to the accident were the various laws of physics that were also broken on the way down.”

Seems to me the immutable laws of physics were met in every respect throughout. It was attempting to overcome them that may have played a wee part in this debacle. ;)

This one hit a little close to home for me.. a buddy of mine was supposed to go on this trip, but had to back out at the last minute for personal reasons. He hasn't flown since this happened

This one hit a little close to home for me.. a buddy of mine was supposed to go on this trip, but had to back out at the last minute for personal reasons. He hasn't flown since this happened

? Interesting. He was supposed to fly on this guys' plane?

Be PIC before being Tour Guide or Friend. Always.

This... Be PIC before being daddy too.. Last flight I took, which is referenced in the PD thread, i had my CFII in the front, and my 3 year old son behind me, and my girlfriend's 10 year old in the other back seat.. My son decided to completely melt down about 40 mins into the 1.25 hr flight. Coupled with a slam dunk arrival into RAL, and his having had a small cold earlier in the week, we're coming down final at RAL with him kicking the back of my seat and screaming for me. Thank god for ISO on the ICS, but i could still hear him.. My daddy instincts kept coming to the front of my mind, and a gentle, fly the airplane from my CFI got me back in the game, and I had to tune out my kid in the back.

This... Be PIC before being daddy too.. Last flight I took, which is referenced in the PD thread, i had my CFII in the front, and my 3 year old son behind me, and my girlfriend's 10 year old in the other back seat.. My son decided to completely melt down about 40 mins into the 1.25 hr flight. Coupled with a slam dunk arrival into RAL, and his having had a small cold earlier in the week, we're coming down final at RAL with him kicking the back of my seat and screaming for me. Thank god for ISO on the ICS, but i could still hear him.. My daddy instincts kept coming to the front of my mind, and a gentle, fly the airplane from my CFI got me back in the game, and I had to tune out my kid in the back.

My first CFIs kid was in the back seat in a car seat during my final Private prep flights. Ha. Luckily that little dude loved flying back then. Didn’t make a peep.

Now that kid flies for SkyWest. :)

The weird part is he's flown with me before, and loved it.. even a little light chop had him saying do it again daddy.. I think him being on ISO the whole flight and tuned out because I was busy up front was probably his trigger

The weird part is he's flown with me before, and loved it.. even a little light chop had him saying do it again daddy.. I think him being on ISO the whole flight and tuned out because I was busy up front was probably his trigger

Future pilot material. Oh don’t you DARE throw that ISO switch dad, oh you did...

Back