App Plate overlay on a handheld GPS?

Eamon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Eamon
I have an original Lowrance Airmap & an Airmap 300.

I have flow with a Garmin 195.

I know the 195 has non perscion Approach overlays Like the Panal Mounted 430.

The 195 is no longer made.

Do ANY of the current Handheld GPSs have Non Percision or Percision over lays anymore?

I looked at Lowrance & Garmin's websites & I do not see it listed?

ILS & Non Perscion or just Non P?

It shows you the course line & the hold lines?

I don't need the numbers an all. I am just looking for one that has the line to follow.

Garmin website says this about the 396.........

Basemap: Built-in routable basemap (North America and South America) contains state and country boundaries, lakes, rivers, streams, airports, cities, towns, coastlines, state and interstate highways, local thoroughfares and
secondary roads within metro areas, federal interstate highway exit information for services such as food,
lodging and truck, RV, and automotive service stations

Database: Built-in Jeppesen® database with terrain and obstacle databases**. Includes worldwide airports and VOR’s, plus Americas, or Atlantic International, or Pacific International NDB’s, intersections, special-use and
controlled airspace, runway data, plus airport, FSS, and ARTCC frequencies

Approach waypoints: Jeppesen® data also includes final approach sequence waypoints for all published approaches

Uploadable maps: Accepts optional Garmin data cards for detailed maps

It doesn't say it has app course line guidance????

Eamon said:
Do ANY of the current Handheld GPSs have Non Percision or Percision over lays anymore?

I looked at Lowrance & Garmin's websites & I do not see it listed?

I have a garmin 96C, which is a fairly new handheld, and the best I get, both precision and non-precision, is a white guidance line from the FAF to the threashold. I am asked if I want vectors or go to FAF, but that is it. No procedure turns, HILOPT, missed holds, etc. No IAF's.

Very basic stuff.

Ive lost track of what Anywheremap offers.
They used to offer both np and p
The version Im using has a home-brewed lnav/vnav with course line and gs for any runway in the db. Any you can punch up absolutely any wp in the us so you could do it that way. But they might have the actual approaches (pocketplates?) too.

Thanks all. I was just shopping & trying to find the features I would use most.

My airmap 300 has been great but the database update has been unavailable for a while.

If I could update it, I would prolly keep it. I bet that is why Lowrance stop selling it.

Back