AOPA Safety Meeting

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Ok - so AOPA is having a safety meeting tonight. It starts in like an hour. Should I ditch my math class to go, or are they not worth the time?

NickDBrennan said:
Ok - so AOPA is having a safety meeting tonight. It starts in like an hour. Should I ditch my math class to go, or are they not worth the time?

The valuable info is available in multiple places but if you need an excuse...

NickDBrennan said:

Hmm we did you your attempt at the ladder problem, maybe stick with the math class ;-)

Seriously, you can get the AOPA info from their web site and it is liekly they will have another safety seminar that will not conflict.

Ditto, Dave. My experience from many safety seminars and president's town hall meetings are that if you go you will have a good chance of winning whatever they're giving away--disgustingly low pilot turnout.

Richard said:
Ditto, Dave. My experience from many safety seminars and president's town hall meetings are that if you go you will have a good chance of winning whatever they're giving away--disgustingly low pilot turnout.

wait, they give away stuff?

hmmm.....

Richard said:

THey're always packed here. The last one I attended was literally standing room only. I think it was well north of 300.

You do get Wings credit.

Richard said:

Can't beat the net & DVDs to essentially just exchange information, as it's rather inefficient to do it in person... other things though, then go ahead & meet for it.

wsuffa said:
THey're always packed here. The last one I attended was literally standing room only. I think it was well north of 300.

You do get Wings credit.

Its not likely to be packed here. AOPA didn't even bother to send out an email to people about it. Most pilots here are quiet and never participate in group stuff too, even at CAP, they just fly, and rarely show up to the mandatory meetings. My guess is that it will be like 15 people tops.

NickDBrennan said:
Its not likely to be packed here. AOPA didn't even bother to send out an email to people about it. Most pilots here are quiet and never participate in group stuff too, even at CAP, they just fly, and rarely show up to the mandatory meetings. My guess is that it will be like 15 people tops.

Probably a good place to meet some pilots and planes though.

Dave Krall CFII said:
Probably a good place to meet some pilots and planes though.

Yeah - I'm off to the meeting. It'll be more fun and educational that intermediate Algebra would be anyways :)

Nick, like Mr. T. said back in the day "STAY IN SCHOOL, DONT BE A FOOL!!!!" Hah hah hah. You can attend AOPA seminars when you do not have class. :)

HPNFlyGirl said:
You can attend AOPA seminars when you do not have class. :)

Nick has never had much class anyways..but thats why we love him.

Michael said:
Nick has never had much class anyways..but thats why we love him.

LOL!!!!!!~~11111one

You sound like some of my ex-girlfriends :)

So I went to the safety meeting. That was pretty fun. It was entitled "The Last 5 Miles" and the speaker was some dude from Massachusetts. Funny guy, lotsa good knowledge.

He specifically said that he thinks that the AIM's suggest of 45 degree entry to the downwind is a bad idea, and that he prefers a midfield crosswind entry. Interesting.

Also said that in Canada, that is a regulatory entry method.

This counts as a wings seminar. I'd kind of like to get my Phase 1 wings, just for the hell of it. I don't need a BFR, but I'd kinda like to get some wings.

Oh - and apparantly, my algebra class was nothing but review for a test anyways, so I didn't miss anything I can't get out of my notes!

Back