Aopa Rtfp

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Has anyone notice that AOPAs RTFP has become incredibly slow. The loading times are long and the redrawing is painful.

I've noticed that as well. Even on the aircard in the car, it went pretty fast. Now, high speed access at home doesn't seem a whole lot better.

It's probably all the posts that...no I can't, bad keyboard, bad keyboard!

I had not Adam. To tell you the truth I no longer use the RTFP. I started using DUATS Golden Eagle and was much happerier with the features on it. With Golden Eagle I could use it inside the firewall and offline. I like the reports that that GE produces too. Golden Eagle just did an upgrade tot eh free version of the engine that also allows you to subscribe to additional charts or approach plates easily. While I have not taken them up on it it is nice to know I have that option.

I use the Golden Eagle package too. I like it a lot.

i usually just draw a line on the sectional

I have both Golden Eagle and RTFP. Golden Eagle is a bit more detailed but RTFP is a bit more user friendly IMO. But I have been using Golden Eagle more and more.

What is this "sectional" you speak of?

The etymological base is "sex," with the literal translation being, "sex-shun-you-all," derivative of the reality that, the more time and resources you expend on flying, the less sex you are likely to experience.

LOL Spike!!

I just used the RTFP for the first time the other day to plan the flight to SAT and back... I thought it worked really well and I didn't notice any speed issues. Where can I get this Golden Eagle one you all speak of? Is it free?

LOL Spike!!

I just used the RTFP for the first time the other day to plan the flight to SAT and back... I thought it worked really well and I didn't notice any speed issues. Where can I get this Golden Eagle one you all speak of? Is it free?
yes it is free or you can pay for add ons but the free version has a lot of features. More than RTFP IMHO, It is available at duats.com

There's one from Seattle Avionics - Voyager. The free one works pretty well but I've yet to get it working on my office notebook.
Each one has their own good points. Try them all. You'll find one you'll settle on and I'm sure it's a lot different than what I like.

I really like Voyager, so much so that I actually spent money on the pay version. I used to use Golden Eagle and RTFP together; I find that Voyager does everything I need in one package.

That being said, I downloaded RTFP to my new laptop yesterday to have something when I'm sort of watching tv. Seemed to run quickly enough for me.

I have really started working with Golden Eagle more and I really like it. The support is awesome. So tell me why you like Voyager better.

Pretty pictures. Better incorporation of wx. Smoother interface. I dunno - dammit I just like it better!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like Voyager, so much so that I actually spent money on the pay version. I used to use Golden Eagle and RTFP together; I find that Voyager does everything I need in one package.

I paid for Voyager a couple of years ago.
But, with their update to 3.x, the program became such a bloated, resource hog, I let my subscription expire.

Now, (since building a new PC) I use the free version (when I'm not in too much of a hurry). It's still a pig, but at least it's free.

When I want a quick-and-dirty guesstimate for a XC I know I won't be making (e.g., just how long would it take me to get away from this cold, cold winter?), I use RTFP (or even skyvector.com for a quick distance estimate).

Back