AOPA Plus

p1l0t

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
p1l0t
So I got this letter in mail about AOPA Plus.. I am still trying to figure out what the value is in it above the normal membership. Is it just a way to pay more? I appriciate what AOPA does, and I have even made PAC and ASF contributions but the letter saying "You have been selected for AOPA Plus" made me raise an eyebrow.

<---<^>--->

So I got this letter in mail about AOPA Plus.. I am still trying to figure out what the value is in it above the normal membership. Is it just a way to pay more? I appriciate what AOPA does, and I have even made PAC and ASF contributions but the letter saying "You have been selected for AOPA Plus" made me raise an eyebrow.

<---<^>--->

You've been selected for a PoA Gold Account, PM me your bank account info for more information. :rofl:

Hmmm... We've made PAC contributions, I'm an AOPA ASN volunteer, and am a Project Pilot Mentor. Yet I haven't received this invitation, nor did I find it on their website!

Leslie did, however, receive an offer to sign up for "Emergency Assistance Plus!"

Should we be insulted or relieved? :)

Got the same solicitation. I too can't determine what value I get for the increased price. Advert Fail if you asked me.

$99/year for a different 800 number and 10% off on Legal Services and a couple other add-ons.

It's a sad sad joke.

If it was a larger discount off of all programs plus a better deal on non-AOPA services like rent cars or hotels, then the offer might be more tempting.

I think the author of this offer forgot an important fundamental... for it to work, the target audience needs to recoup a multiple of the access cost as benefit value. Like the coupon books you can buy. If a $50 coupon book had $500 worth of perceived or potential value, you will sell many more than if there was just $85-95 of value.

Sounds like re-naming it "AOPA Minus" and calling it that loudly during discussions in the AOPA tent at OSH might be in order for anyone passive-aggressive. ;)

I'm starting to wonder about AOPA. The renewal envelope is still sitting on my desk at work. According to their financial statement, the organization is far from hurting, yet in my business, hurting is an understatement.

John

I'm starting to wonder about AOPA. The renewal envelope is still sitting on my desk at work. According to their financial statement, the organization is far from hurting, yet in my business, hurting is an understatement.

John

They do lobby for us, it is worth something, to what extent IDK

<---<^>--->

They do lobby for us, it is worth something, to what extent IDK

<---<^>--->

If the lobbying is not effective, then the value of the lobby effort is diminished. In some cases I'd say the value has been zero.

Back