AOPA on line safety courses

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Taking a weekend groundschool for my IR knowledge test....they want me to complete a couple of AOPA courses on line (regulations and charts). I actually am impressed with the courses. They were interesting, informative and didn't bore me to tears. They took between 45 minutes and an hour at a slow pace.

I think I will take more for fun.

Thought I would put my 2 cents out there.

The AOPA safety courses are usually very good,and full of good info. Great for those days you can't actually fly.

I assign students courses on faasafety.gov. The AOPA courses are included and are probably the better made courses. This includes private and instrument students as well as pilots doing FR's and IPCs.
You might also want to look at some of their safety quizzes that pertain to instruments- they are titled "IFR Quiz:..." Also the weather quizzes.

I like them, too, although the money and effort put into the graphics and visual effects sometimes seems to be greater than the money put into technical content. They can sometimes be a bit shallow.

Like Blackhawk, I assign them also, typically for flight reviews. I also suggest they accept the Wings credit for them.

Back