AOPA Lists Top 10 "Airport Access Watch List"

Funny. I was treated very well at Hilton Head with a single engine Piper. Parked for a week, took a little fuel, and don't remember the charge being outrageous.

Not been to any of the other airports listed (in an aircraft)...

Does anyone know which two airports from the previous filed complaints are still on the suspect list (but not listed here)?? I know they reported seeing positive progress with two of the four initially approached, but can't remember which.

Casper has been expensive for many years. They definitely charge all the market will bear and then some. Along with steep price they just chocked my aircraft with oversized chocks that stopped on the wheelpants, not the tires.

At Rocky Mountain Metro it is possible to avoid Signature by parking at the terminal. I've never tried to overnight that way, just day use.

Landed at Norfolk a few months ago. Stayed just under a week. Bought $250 worth of fuel. Paid $268 in landing and parking fees. Plane was moved 10 feet from where I parked to where they tied it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Landed at Norfolk a few months ago. Stayed just under a week. Bought $250 worth of fuel. Paid $268 in landing and parking fees. Plane was moved 10 feet from where I parked to where they tied it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow! Thanks for the tip! fbo to avoid.

I had a run in with Business Jet in DAL back when I was in flight training that ended well.

We only went in with Maule and every so often a lone Arrow. During one of my weekly trips, while I was signing the fuel receipt, the customer service lady told me we were not welcomed back in our well used plane. I stopped signing and asked her to get the manager to which she happily complied. I told the manager what his agent had expressed and said I would be happy to request a FBO change if this is the feeling of management.

The manager stood there in disbelieve and promptly said, "No sir, we value your school's business." He covered our fuel and took the ladies aside as my student and I walked to the plane. That was the last time I saw that lady working the front desk.

I never once got called out by a fellow jet pilot or the like at any FBO. It was always the uppity passengers or the agents.

Reactions: Leo
KSFO should be on this list. Only public airport in all the western states that is prohibitively expensive to fly into. Even more expensive than LAX or single runway SAN

At KFTW you can park on a sliver of ramp space between the terminal and taxilane and not be charged but the area isn't marked and is contested quite often.

Still using air nav,however you don’t always get the comments about an FBO. Seems an FBO can block all comments ,if they choose.

Still using air nav,however you don’t always get the comments about an FBO. Seems an FBO can block all comments ,if they choose.
PAY to block all comments, you mean. :) :) :)

AirNav is completely a pay-to-play thing. I wouldn't trust it looking for anything in comments.

Back