AOPA home airport not spared from sequester

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
The recently-opened tower at FDK, home of AOPA will not be spared closure.

A real, PITA, that place without the tower. You have to deal with everything you can think of in the pattern, including, blimps, and also waste 15 minutes burning fuel waiting for your clearance.

Also MTN is not spared, which I cannot believe, as it is so close to BWI and is shared military.

In an unrelated (oh, it's related, all right) bit of news, Congress's approval rating is at a new low of 15%: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...gress-approval-rating-still-record-low-gallup

You're going to post a 15% Congress approval rating outside the SZ?

Exactly for that reason. If their approval rating is that low, it most certainly is bipartisan!

The recently-opened tower at FDK, home of AOPA will not be spared closure.

A real, PITA, that place without the tower. You have to deal with everything you can think of in the pattern, including, blimps, and also waste 15 minutes burning fuel waiting for your clearance.

OMG...:eek::hairraise:..

N4GA will have to wait a few more minutes before it can fly away to the beach or ski slope for the weekend..:rolleyes:..

Oh the humanity...

OMG...:eek::hairraise:..

N4GA will have to wait a few more minutes before it can fly away to the beach or ski slope for the weekend..:rolleyes:..

Oh the humanity...

Nahh, they're unable to go anywhere because I didn't setup auto-renewal. Might be why the tower is closing? :confused:

Good hopefully the glider club moves back

I did a lot of IFR approaches and VFR flying in and around both airports from Fort Meade. KFDK didn't have a tower then and with proper commo, it was NEVER a problem. Perhaps I was there are the wrong times, but KFME seemed a lot busier especially with the Naval Academy IFS traffic from Annapolis came up for pattern work...patters were prohibited at KANP

If Martin is so important for the AF, they will put some controllers in there.

Before the tower, FDK used to have a soul, great place to fly to. Great EAA chapter, Gliders, helicopters, gyrocopters, everything....with no tower. I loved the AOPA fly-in there. Maybe the old FDK will return, I certainly hope so.....

Before the tower, FDK used to have a soul, great place to fly to. Great EAA chapter, Gliders, helicopters, gyrocopters, everything....with no tower. I loved the AOPA fly-in there. Maybe the old FDK will return, I certainly hope so.....

To each his own, I suppose. Renting at $225 per hour, I did NOT appreciate waiting 15 to 20 minutes on the ground for my release.

To each his own, I suppose. Renting at $225 per hour, I did NOT appreciate waiting 15 to 20 minutes on the ground for my release.

Does the tower control that or departure control? When I was getting clearances from there there was no tower and if it was surge times for Baltimore or Dulles, the it was going to be a while.

You could also buy a handheld or use you cell phone with the engine off.

Last edited:
Exactly!! After all, what is there to approve of? I'd like to hear one good thing from anybody, I'll wait...

1336192777887.jpg

Does the tower control that or departure control? When I was getting clearances from there there was no tower and if it was surge times for Baltimore or Dulles, the it was going to be a while.

You could also buy a handheld or use you cell phone with the engine off.

Departure, but with the tower, by the time you had finished your runup, they had your clearance.

I recently heard about someone who also wondered why people would express approval of Congress. They got permission to follow on after the regular pollster and to interview people who had approved of Congress. It turns out that about 5% of the respondents did not realize what they had said or that they were just joking or otherwise not serious. But, the interviewers found that they were equally distributed, so you cannot just change the 15% to 10% by subtracting the fools because an equal number needs to be added back in.

So, getting to those who honestly favor Congress, they were overwhelmingly people who were very optimistic and expect that Congress will improve soon.

Somehow a 15% approval rating co-exists with a 90% reelection rate. Baffling, isn't it.....

Somehow a 15% approval rating co-exists with a 90% reelection rate. Baffling, isn't it.....

That is the ninth wonder of the world.................

And the main fact the USA will crumble under its own weight...:sad:

In general, most people disapprove of congress... but they still like their own congressman. And that's how the clowns stay in office.

Back