AOPA forums closing.....

I tried to go on the site, Pilot Spin, but couldn't get past the registration red tape, for instance they asked what Is the letters for the chute in a Cirrus? How should I know, I don't own a Cirrus and what good would that do to know it? I finally waded through most of it but they wont take my password, who knows why, they don't say just reject it. Seems like an interesting forum, and being an adult one would be a welcome change.

I think people still write under an alias though.

Please do join, and when you get in, please make your first post about how you disapprove of their members using an alias. ;)

BTW, google is your friend: The Cirrus Airframe Parachute System (CAPS)

I lost my base rig to a lightning strike, then hurricane Irma took out my antennas, so I'll have to start over from scratch. Just don't feel like spending the time and money right now, but I'll get back to it one of these days. I never went in for contests or awards (though I would like to get WAYLs :D ), but I enjoyed chasing special event stations and DXpeditions.

Extra and VE too. For now I’m keeping both ARRL and AOPA.

I tried to go on the site, Pilot Spin, but couldn't get past the registration red tape, for instance they asked what Is the letters for the chute in a Cirrus? How should I know, I don't own a Cirrus and what good would that do to know it? I finally waded through most of it but they wont take my password, who knows why, they don't say just reject it. Seems like an interesting forum, and being an adult one would be a welcome change.

I think people still write under an alias though.

They recently had a bad spammer attack and tightened up security.

Back