AOPA Forum Dying?

Claire had a restraining order on you??

I thought it was this guy:
nnp3t1.jpg

I remember something about black eyes and underwear...

That's classic!

I thought it was something about eyes and black underwear though.

Haven't posted there since I resigned my moderatorship publicly when we were required to keep our identities secret.

What I like about POA- the first solo / first airplane / first whatever posts. Just need more of them. Also love any reason to fly to gastons !

I do tend to frequent the red board a bit more. Seems I can get more solid answers with less noise.

Lots of activity on beech talk. I can't keep up. One thing I really like about that board are the pics. Everything from airplanes to pooches. Pics tell a bigger story- from identifying corrosion to admiring a new paint job, it gets to the point and pics are very enjoyable.

Tried the new aopa Share Aviation site. Too slow. Tries to be like Facebook, but doesn't have the connections to make it happen. I keep trying, but I think it is doa.

Several Facebook groups are really nice:
Vintage Bonanzas- a must if you like looking at real airplanes ;)
Arkansas Flying Adventures- for you arkies out there looking for an excuse to fly...

Personally, these old boards are starting to look old. I remember setting up a similar board in the 90's for the company I worked for. There are much better options. I think this is why beech talk is growing like Facebook. But that takes money....

brian];1883011 said:
What I like about POA- the first solo / first airplane / first whatever posts. Just need more of them. Also love any reason to fly to gastons !

I do tend to frequent the red board a bit more. Seems I can get more solid answers with less noise.

Lots of activity on beech talk. I can't keep up. One thing I really like about that board are the pics. Everything from airplanes to pooches. Pics tell a bigger story- from identifying corrosion to admiring a new paint job, it gets to the point and pics are very enjoyable.

Tried the new aopa Share Aviation site. Too slow. Tries to be like Facebook, but doesn't have the connections to make it happen. I keep trying, but I think it is doa.

Several Facebook groups are really nice:
Vintage Bonanzas- a must if you like looking at real airplanes ;)
Arkansas Flying Adventures- for you arkies out there looking for an excuse to fly...

Personally, these old boards are starting to look old. I remember setting up a similar board in the 90's for the company I worked for. There are much better options. I think this is why beech talk is growing like Facebook. But that takes money....

Check out the flying friends FB group. Several folks here can add you.
I LOVE that group because of the photos. Everyday a new batch of photos from pilots out flying. I really love to see peoples' photos.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/204068952945340/

I have no clue about the AOPA boards or the purple boards. This is the only pilot message board I've visited and I think it's great. Enough post volume to seem alive but not overwhelming.

I'd classify 95% of posts as friendly. That's darn good for the internet. Ignore the trolls and don't escalate friendly disagreement into WWIII and you're good to go.

Maybe a part of the problem is that the AOPA server has been having trouble lately and it is hard to find the forums up and functioning? (depends on the time of day and your luck)
I am getting "There has been a server error. Please check back later" there again.

Forget Fecesbook (anybody still using that??), join Share Aviation.
Much better club, aviation-only (so tou can get away from all the typical FB losers), full of pictures and videos and most importantly, a positive community. Insults, bickering and attacks are simply not on the menu.

Is share aviation becoming more active? I signed up for it and started participating a little a few months ago but it was kind of dead. Seems to me they're trying to be similar to Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is share aviation becoming more active? I signed up for it and started participating a little a few months ago but it was kind of dead. Seems to me they're trying to be similar to Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is still dead.

brian];1885682 said:
I look once in a while just to see if there is anything of interest. Facebook is much better.

That is what seems to be killing a lot of subject matter forums. I don't do Facebook, so would rather post here.

If so many people are having trouble getting into Share Aviation, it's no wonder that things are dead around there.

To put everyone's mind at ease, Share Aviation is doing great, has grown unbelievably this year, partially due to partnering up with AOPA and has thousands and thousands of members.
It is like a huge pilot family, all those airplane pictures and videos ...
Certainly a million times better than dying Fecesbok. :sad:

Back