AOPA Files complaints over outrageous FBO fees

Lol sounds like Signature...

The flight school that I got my PPL at operated out of the Signature building. They are primarily a Cirrus training center, but have three 172s and an Arrow as well. After I left, the flight school actually moved the 172s and the Arrow across the field to an old building and kept the Cirrus's at Signature. They used to give the flight school a lot of grief for taxiing in front of the Signature building in the 172s lol. So ridiculous.

Oh and Signature charged $7.25 a gallon. Across the field it was like $5 something.

Yup. Right up there with $170 for a squirt of air on a 6x6 bicycle tire...:eek::rolleyes:

EXCELLENT...!

:yeahthat:

"...Fortunately, there are governing bodies willing to take steps to protect their communities against egregious pricing practices by their FBOs. One airport paving the way for other locations is John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California. Following continued reports of higher-than-average prices, the airport board movedt to replace Signature. As a result of their lease termination, Signature filed an FAA Part 16 complaint, citing violations of grant assurances and unfair discrimination, which the FAA then denied. The FAA ruled that airport sponsors have a “right and responsibility” to consider FBO pricing. The decision set a precedent for community leaders and airport boards looking for guidance and encouragement to stand up for the rights of their customers, the public, and the GA community."

:thumbsup:

well after they cave on privatization no one will need to worry about signature's fees as you won't be going into any of the airports they service.

I believe every airport should have 24hr self serve 100ll and free or inexpensive tiedowns for light aircraft. Would probably be a win for everyone, signature can focus on the jets.

I hope they can do something...signature is outrageous

Back