AOPA, COPA Urge Reciprocity For GA Medical Requirements

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media...ity-for-general-aviation-medical-requirements

Seems AOPA and COPA are seeking to allow U.S. pilots to fly into Canada using BasicMed and also maybe for Canadian PPLs to fly into the U.S. with similar BasicMed requirements I think.

Just wondering but will this measure allow U.S. sport pilots to fly into Canada on an LSA using just a driver's license medical or is it only for U.S. private pilots using BasicMed?

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media...ity-for-general-aviation-medical-requirements

Seems AOPA and COPA are seeking to allow U.S. pilots to fly into Canada using BasicMed and also maybe for Canadian PPLs to fly into the U.S. with similar BasicMed requirements I think.

Just wondering but will this measure allow U.S. sport pilots to fly into Canada on an LSA using just a driver's license medical or is it only for U.S. private pilots using BasicMed?

Good luck to them.

Considering that the FAA did not implement medical certificate reform until an act of Congress was passed that forced it on the agency, I can't imagine the same agency will easily adopt this proposal to broaden it.

Good luck to them.

Considering that the FAA did not implement medical certificate reform until an act of Congress was passed that forced it on the agency, I can't imagine the same agency will easily adopt this proposal to broaden it.
The FAA tried, but it was stopped by DOT. There's a different secretary of transportation now.

...Just wondering but will this measure allow U.S. sport pilots to fly into Canada on an LSA using just a driver's license medical or is it only for U.S. private pilots using BasicMed?
My understanding is that Canada has a 4th class medical, but nothing analogous to the U.S. driver's license medical for sport pilots. Based on that, I would be surprised if Canada were to allow sport pilot operations.

The only reason I'll do my si and third class renewal is I'd like to fly to Alaska. If they get basic medical recognized in Canada, ill switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back