AOPA Caribbean and Bahamas Flight Guide Apps

I ordered one last year before our trip to the Bahamas, took longer to get it than what I expected so it arrived the day after we had left. The guide itself is excellent tho, wish we would have had it along. Hopefully we'll go again this winter and we can use it then.

For initial trips, definitely yes. (Just realized I’m going to Abaco in a week but no longer reference it but it’s my 5th or 6th trip).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I was given one by another pilot. Read it cover to cover. Between Foreflight and the internet, I really did not find much value in it.

Kinda remember when AOPA was a member service organization and they made this kind of information available free of charge instead of $59.

I have ordered the Bahamas guide and charts from here https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pspages/bahamaspg13-15001.php?clickkey=3030044

So, the feeling I am getting is not much point in getting the AOPA ones too!

That should do the trick. Check currency of information carefully to the extent you can. Things change. Always call ahead re fuel availability.

Bottom line is that the Bahamas are easy. They want us there and they do a good job of administering their stuff despite a lack of the latest tech. The Out Islands are tailor made for the private pilot. Not quite the same in some of the other countries. I found the Turks & Caicos no where near as friendly and easy for private aviation outside of the main airport. Had issues in the BVIs too but Anegada is sweet!

In the Bahamas, POEs are all over the place but the non-POE airports are great as well. Feel free to explore and fly around.

Outside the Bahamas (TCIs, BVIs) remember the POE airports will work for you but don’t count on non-POE airports for anything independent of how they are charted or described. Airports are primarily supported for scheduled service, other travelers need to take extra care.

Just slow down and get into vacation mode before you land and respect each and every person you meet. Things move slower which why most of us are going most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just slow down and get into vacation mode before you land and respect each and every person you meet. Things move slower which why most of us are going most of the time.

Aint that the truth... I was warned about "Island Time" before I moved to Puerto Rico, but its still no joke!

Back