AOPA Breitling Watches...

The greed is amazing! Two unneeded dues increases, $70M in the bank, and they're still clawing for dough. It must be some kind of mental illness.

If you call western style consumerist capitalism a mental illness, I will heartily agree, thing is, the entire nation suffers from it.

Glad to see their marketing plan is doing well. Wish them all the success in the world for overpriced gewgaws.

Sadly, they bill themselves as an advocate for GA. In that function, they are miserably deficient. Adding to that, they are displacing what could be a true GA advocate by staying in business and mucking things up so badly. To whit; the ADS-B crap coming.

Without ADS-B, the integration of drones into the national airspace will be nearly impossible. In the legal conflict between non commercial GA and commercial UAVs that will make big companies big profits, who do you think will be eliminated? I agree that AOPA is pretty much a worthless organization with their heads up their asses, but their not defeating ADS-B is not one of the reasons. That they aren't pushing the hell out of Exp-Non Commmercial, that is a much bigger issue. ADS-B will only cost after thousand to comply with, Ex-NC will save tens of thousands.

There is a lot I like about belonging AOPA.

I would not try to defend AOPA against those who are certain they are a pack of idiots.

I flew to their recent fly in at Chino (CNO) and found it entertaining and educational.

I enjoy hanging out with pilots.

Whatever, AOPA.

Here's all I need for navigation - a watch and a compass:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eddd/

Darn! Looks like that is only for dirigibles:

"The wind blows through your hair as you steer your personal dirigible along the wispy seas of air. For a moment, you forget yourself in the beauty of it all. But then you remember the lunch meeting you have. You quickly look to your wrist, get your bearings, and check the time - all without electricity. Because, naturally, you're using your Navitron Steampunk Wrist Compass and Sundial. "

Why is the wind blowing through your hair in a dirigible? Now to find the AOPA wrist-astrolabe...

Damn, now I gotta go find a retailer. That is one good looking time piece, and seems to have plenty of calibrations on it. Wondering how useful it all is? Guess I would read the book. lol
Go ahead and get a zagg protector for it. The glass is a little soft. Same company that makes all of the phone screen protectors.

Back