AOPA Annual Report - The one thing they don't hype

What's your point?

Dear Lord, can I go back to the inappropriate religion thread?

It's so much nicer than the "I hate AOPA" threads. That whole BasicMed thing seems to have worked out okay. And the AOPA magazines are interesting. Many pretty pictures. That's gotta be work 1 gal of 100ll per month.

The only thing that matters is results. How they choose to allocate the money is up to them. And since money is power, I'd like for our sumbitch to be paid at least as much as their sumbitch, so when they go to measurin' size, we don't come up short. I even like that they have a jet. We need to appear to be more than a bunch of airport bums.

I mean, we totally are airport bums. But let's not look like it when we're trying to talk to congress critters.

https://www.aopa.org/-/media/files/...opa-form-990-public-inspection-copy.pdf?la=en

Top employees = $5,000,000 annual salary roughly

Let's see $5,000,000 / $69 membership fee = 72,000

So, is your $69 part of the 72,000 members responsible solely for paying for these people?

Yes, they are over compensated, but AOPA membership is not a requirement to be a pilot.
You will burst into flames, the FAA will not start an enforcement action, and you will not suffer an unexpected illness costing you your medical in you don't renew.

Some things never change. Very well compensated employees who deliver lackluster results.

$81,000 in consulting for...membership notices.

ALLEGIANCE CREATIVE GROUP WAS NOT A FUNDRAISER FOR AOPA. ALLEGIANCE
CREATIVE GROUP WAS HIRED TO PROVIDE CONSULTING ADVICE PERTAINING TO AOPA
MEMBERSHIP NOTICES.

I can sleep better tonight.

The only thing that matters is results.

And those are...?

We need to appear to be more than a bunch of airport bums.

Oh they're great at appearances...

I mean, we totally are airport bums. But let's not look like it when we're trying to talk to congress critters.

So you're saying the Congresscritters don't represent anyone unless they're in an Armani suit carrying a briefcase full of cash. Got it.

Yeah... that's something I want to spend my limited resources on. Not.

Whoa. I'm not currently a member, and am not saying this is working. I am saying that if there's a justification for it other than greed, appearances are probably it. I don't know much about the people making seven figures, but I'd hope they're Connected. And connected people can make that kind of money elsewhere.

Nothing stops another AOPA like group from forming, raising money and trying to get things changed for the better and despite all the bitching, none ever seems to spring up. Maybe it's harder than it would appear.

Nothing stops another AOPA like group from forming, raising money and trying to get things changed for the better and despite all the bitching, none ever seems to spring up. Maybe it's harder than it would appear.

Send me your money and I'll start "trying" from a nice beach somewhere. LOL.

It's your choice on joining or not,it's their choice on how they spend the money.

It's your choice on joining or not,it's their choice on how they spend the money.
Interesting thing about that statement...it implies that the membership has no input, and possibly no value, to AOPA.

Which seems to be one of the bigger issues to the detractors.

Interesting thing about that statement...it implies that the membership has no input, and possibly no value, to AOPA.

No implying, AOPA members have no input.

Members have been able to vote for the Board if they don't give their vote away by proxy, always.

Back