AOPA Ad about ADIZ/FRZ

Just my personal opinion, but the ad fails to make a point. It would have been much more effective if there had been inserted just after the main point a few bullets about what services those other flights provided to the general public. Angel Flight, check & small package hauling, traffic reporting, pipeline patrol, etc. The ad should tell people why they want those several hundred thousand pilots to continue flying.

Otherwise, as the ad currently reads, we are a self-serving entity that can't get the job done.

I'm inclined to agree, Ed. Trying to read that ad with the eyes of an outsider, my only impression was: "So?".

Not the most inspiring full page ad they could have done...

"Every day, general aviation safely and securely serves America"

How? That is what I would ask. Maybe things like the organ and doctor runs that the local charter service provides. That is a tangible that the average reader could definitely get their head around.

Robert, are you lurking out there?

Jim G

Just call the 800 number on your membership card.

I agree, this seems more like an AOPA promo ad than a GA promo. Hopefully it's not worse than useless. They need to bring home the message that the GAServingAmerica website uses - what GA does, specifically, to benefit America. (and, sorry, after the new checking laws were passed, that pretty much ended, or will very soon, check cargo flights)

Jeff

The ad is fine. Full page issue ads rarely get read outside of the interested parties. The ad is intended for Congress anyway. AOPA is a remarkably effective lobbying group. They know what they're doing. The decision to buy space in Roll Call is a good move, especially today. USA today gets read by the traveling public, another good move.

Trust the Force Luke

Jeff Oslick said:
I agree, this seems more like an AOPA promo ad than a GA promo. Hopefully it's not worse than useless. They need to bring home the message that the GAServingAmerica website uses - what GA does, specifically, to benefit America. (and, sorry, after the new checking laws were passed, that pretty much ended, or will very soon, check cargo flights)

Jeff

An AOPA promo ad IS a GA promo ad.

GA serves America in all ways, from hauling its citizens to their hamburgers to airlifting citizens that have been partially made into hamburger !

What a great organization for all of us pilots. When I look back on all the work they've done over the years for airports, TFRs, etc. plus the magazine alone is worth the miniscule membership fee.

Back