AOL email bounces

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
On Friday I started having problems sending email from my Hotmail account to people with AOL accounts. Anyone else seeing this?

I seem to be able to send them email from my yahoo or work account just fine. Is this an AOL issue or a Hotmail issue?

It could be one or the other - difficult to tell w/o seeing the full text of the error message.

Greebo said:
It could be one or the other - difficult to tell w/o seeing the full text of the error message.

From : <postmaster@mail.hotmail.com>Sent : Monday, August 7, 2006 3:09 PMTo : smigaldi@hotmail.comSubject : Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

_______@aol.com

Greebo said:
Can you see/post the headers?

I can't figure out how form the web interface. I used ot be able to do that when I used outlook express for hotmail. But can't do that since M$ stopped supporting web based email through a proxy with OE.

Laem. Well based on what you have here, it could still be on either end. Only thing you can do is contact hotmail.

Yeah...right...

Greebo said:
Laem. Well based on what you have here, it could still be on either end. Only thing you can do is contact hotmail.

Yeah...right...

Did that yesterday. I am not holdng my breathe. I can send to AOL address from Yahoo. Thus I think it is a Hotmail issue.

Could be- but AOL may also have set up a block somehow on mail coming in from hotmail. Either one is possible - tho hotmail is the first place to look.

FYI we just got a service unavailable message on a bounce to an email to AOL.

When I worked at AOL we got this all the time. Sometimes if someone spams the crap out of AOL, they'll blacklist the entire domain, so that anything from hotmail.com would bounce. I'll bet dollars to more dollars that's what happened.

Back