AOA discussion

mulligan

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mulligan
Long ago I was asked to stop posting about AOA. So like a child, I doubled down and decided to make it my mission to introduce AOA into every thread I can. I do however not discuss AOA in threads where loss of life is reported.

I know the horse is beaten and just wants to let everyone know, I'm just getting started.

You a bad mofo ain't ya boy? Who told you that anyway, Maui Wowi! **** him.

You a bad mofo ain't ya boy? Who told you that anyway, Maui Wowi! **** him.

He actually moderates Cirrus Owners and Pilots Facebook page. Other than the initial AOA blast, he actually does a nice job and there is some good content there. He's actually a pretty good guy.

My my how they change colors when they become Cirrus peelets. Remember that Mulligan character? He used to be cool....:(

Its just another case of that Age Old Attitude where Antics Often Aggravate when there are Ample Other Avenues which Always Offer Alternatives.
Another Opportunity Arises when Aggression Overrides Affability such that Anxiety Obscures Affection then Absurdity Overpowers Adhesion to Aviation's Otherwise Admired Ambassadors of Approval on this Amalgamation Of Aviators.

Mic drop.

Last edited:
Its just another case of that Age Old Attitude where Antics Often Aggravate when there are Ample Other Avenues which Always Offer Alternatives.
Another Opportunity Arises when Aggression Overrides Affability such that Anxiety Obscures Affection then Absurdity Overpowers Adhesion to Aviation's Otherwise Admired Ambassadors of Approval on this Amalgamation Of Aviators

Please close thread. We have a winner

Another Opportunity Arises when Aggression Overrides Affability such that Anxiety Obscures Affection then Absurdity Overpowers Adhesion to Aviation's Otherwise Admired Ambassadors of Approval on this Amalgamation Of Aviators
We have reached the end of POA. Please close forum. :)

I literally just started typing that about 5 minutes ago. I don't know why I popped in my head but I just kept going.

Is that your new lyrics to a metal song you wrote? :confused:

Long ago I was asked to stop posting about AOA. So like a child, I doubled down and decided to make it my mission to introduce AOA into every thread I can. I do however not discuss AOA in threads where loss of life is reported.

I know the horse is beaten and just wants to let everyone know, I'm just getting started.

:D reported

I think the revered pilot Harrison Ford should become the FAA Director and initiate an AOA mandate.

To make things easier on the GA community the ADS-B mandate can be delayed 5 years so that this truly life saving technology can be installed first.

After 35 years of flying my bonanza, I do not think it needed it; however, I am transitioning my son from the C172 and it is a nice comforting addition to the panel for him. I actually used it (to my surprise) when I took off from General Dewit Spain (M01) on my Jan flight to San Diego last month. I had over 50 knot surface winds and at 7K it was 74 knots direct headwind to Rusty Williams (Desoto, LA 3F3). The IMC turbulent climb had the stall horn going off all the way to 5K and seeing the margin above stall graphically gave me piece of mind as the plane bounced from stop to stop as we climbed.

After 35 years of flying my bonanza, I do not think it needed it; however, I am transitioning my son from the C172 and it is a nice comforting addition to the panel for him. I actually used it (to my surprise) when I took off from General Dewit Spain (M01) on my Jan flight to San Diego last month. I had over 50 knot surface winds and at 7K it was 74 knots direct headwind to Rusty Williams (Desoto, LA 3F3). The IMC turbulent climb had the stall horn going off all the way to 5K and seeing the margin above stall graphically gave me piece of mind as the plane bounced from stop to stop as we climbed.

So your saying you made it 35 years w/o an AOA but a couple flights with one and now your afraid of crashing without it?

So your saying you made it 35 years w/o an AOA but a couple flights with one and now your afraid of crashing without it?

Looks more to me that he made it 35 years without and still sees value in it.

I see value in the things as well, but for how I fly them the benefit is minimal.

Looks more to me that he made it 35 years without and still sees value in it.

I see value in the things as well, but for how I fly them the benefit is minimal.

It's shocking to think he got this far without one. Like he was an actual pilot n' stuff.

Wish I knew more bout AOA... in the Air Force our shop had a tester setup (basically just an oscilloscope) that we hooked the vane up to. Most AOA faults were cured by hosing the guts out with contact cleaner while cycling the vane. It was pretty cool to see the noise go away on the screen.

Back