Anything happening at Owls Head this week??? Harley???

BiffJ

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BiffJ
We're headed up to Waldoboro to visit the mother-in-law and family this week. Probably be in Wed afternoon and heading back on sunday or monday.
We won't be able to fly the 175 up this time as the weather looks crappy here or there so we're flying the Volkswagen(it gets better mileage anyway). Just wondering if there is anything going on in the area we should see....maybe Owls Head, Wiscasset or ???? We'll probably stop in at Brunswick to see what the new civil port looks like.
Thanks for any info.

Frank

No special events at OHT Museum in the coming week. If you let me know when you'll arrive at KBXM I can meet you there, or at Wiscasset KIWI.

HR

Nothing on the events page but it is a nice place to visit. One of my visits, we taxied right up to the fence and picniced there after wandering though the museum.

Nothing on the events page but it is a nice place to visit. One of my visits, we taxied right up to the fence and picniced there after wandering though the museum.

Second. Never went there the cool way, but it's a great place to wonder through, and the scenery along the coast (just drive from lighthouse to lighthouse) is fantastic!

And if one has never seen the original "terminal," the new terminal is spectacular. Of course, it's not AT the museum but just across the "field."
(Except this photo was taken just before Memorial Day and it was "wicked foggy." And was closing time without time for me to get pictures of the inside.

HR

Attachments

• KRKD.jpg
    KRKD.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 7
We were at Owls Head for the fly in a few summers back.... Lots of neat planes and cars. I think some of the museum aircraft were up or at least out on the ramp???

Not sure exactly when we'll get to Brunswick or Wiscasset. Should be in portland tomorrow afternoon and probably head up to waldoboro on thurs with stops in Brunswick and Wiscasset.... Daughter in Rockland has an odd schedule so I don't know when we're heading over there. Maybe thursday just to get ice cream at Dohrmans.

Frank

That would be Dorman's; and Thursday would be good for that because the late Reverend E. Kendrick Dorman never opened the Dairy Dream on a Sunday and the tradition is being continued after his death.

HR

You're 100% correct on that....I guess I need to relearn how to type and also proof read....
We made it up to Waldoboro today with a stop at Brunswick on the way. It always makes me sad to see a military base decommissioned but things change and at least they're not trashing the runways. We hit Dormans today too and picked up lobsters from Mr Denison across from Dragon Cement.

Glad we didn't fly up. We nearly needed to swim all the way from Danbury to Portsmouth and the hills in pennsylvania were mostly in the clouds. Fair weather flyer only here.

Frank

Looks like rain and clouds til we leave on monday. We get home just in time to find more thunderstorms rolling in to indiana. No worries though, still having a good time with the family up here and the seafood we can't get in Indiana. Maybe we'll get a chance to fly out later this summer....

Frank

Back