Anyone use King’s IFR Practical Oral course?

It’s fine, but she violates rule one which is to just answer the question asked and not every other question even remotely related to the question. I’m sure it’s just for instructional purposes, but it’s not realistic from that aspect. I probably wouldn’t pay $199 for it, I got it with a bundle of other things. But I did easily pass the oral on first attempt as advertised.

It's ok. It gives you an idea on how the oral portion will go. There's a lot of good info in there but like Salty said, she goes way to deep into each question giving too much info that isn't needed. DPE asks you a questions, only give them that answer they need. If you add any extra info for an answer, the DPE will use that against you to go deeper into the weeds. This isn't always a bad thing but be warned lol. I took my practical a week ago and a couple of questions I mentioned something that really wasn't apart of the asked question. He would say Since you brought it up and ask questions about that topic.

Does she cover anything I wouldn’t find just staring at the ACS?

No, they cover the ACS. She just goes VERY in depth. Its good info. If you have a king course with it provided, watch it. Its good info. If you're thinking of buying just that part, don't. There's plenty of videos online that go over the oral IFR portion

These videos below have alot of good info for the oral.

Yeah, seen them all multiple times!!!

I used the King course to study for my IR ride a month ago. It helps me understand how to frame up answers. I also watched the videos above. I passed, but I still felt quite under prepared for my oral. Maybe that's just me.

I used the king course for my IR. I got the oral vids as part of the bundle. They were helpful for a review. But not the same level of learning that you get from the written prep vids. The oral vids are slower and more painful to watch.
I the end I was pretty prepared IMO

Back