Anyone use GPS Tracker Apps?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I found one I like a lot and put it to good use:

flight.jpg

'Trying to figure out where you were flying... when I realized you were "drawing"... OK.... awkward....

'Trying to figure out where you were flying... when I realized you were "drawing"... OK.... awkward....

What's awkward about... Oh now I see it.
Well that's odd.

Sorry. I am a 37 year old child. :lol:

Do you watch Top Gear by any chance?

I have little kids. All I ever see on TV is spongebob.

I have little kids. All I ever see on TV is spongebob.

Ah, well if your ever alone and got nothing better to do check it out. I think you can watch it on BBC, I just watch it on netflix.

Ah, well if your ever alone and got nothing better to do check it out. I think you can watch it on BBC, I just watch it on netflix.

Cool, I will look on netflix. I don't have any shows that I watch regularly. I need to check out some.

Look up APRS.
I use one in the truck under the Track-Callsign K8DO-14 especially when running to Florida - which we will be doing from Mich starting the morning of the 28th, pulling the boat. Anyone who cares can check Google Maps APRS. Enter my ham radio call K8DO and it will show where we are.

I was watching one yesterday in SC, an RV9 that was doing 170-180 knots across the ground.

Look up APRS.
I use one in the truck under the Track-Callsign K8DO-14 especially when running to Florida - which we will be doing from Mich starting the morning of the 28th, pulling the boat. Anyone who cares can check Google Maps APRS. Enter my ham radio call K8DO and it will show where we are.

I was watching one yesterday in SC, an RV9 that was doing 170-180 knots across the ground.

I never understood the draw to turning on my APRS tracker anytime other than involved in a public event where someone needed to know where I was. Frankly, I'll just Have the event assign it a call sign from someone running the event, why use mine? Nowadays, there's better iPhone Apps they can see my location on, and it's not broadcast. Most allow control of who sees the location data.

I figure the guys running around with them on all the time are just publishing when they're not home, making it easier to rob their houses. Or figure out when they're somewhere they shouldn't be at a time they shouldn't be there.

Haven't seen an APRS tracker beaconing from the parking lot of any strip clubs yet, though.

Back