Anyone training out of FXE, Ft Lauderdale Executive?

GeneC

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
GeneC
I am a 30 hr student working on my solo cross countries and IFR requirements. Reading through the posts over the past several months has had a positive effect on my flying. There is so much to learn by reading. Have experienced every one of the trials and tribulations of a student. My instructor does push me quite hard because he knows I can do it, even if I question it. If anyone needs a recommendations for an instructor please message me. Fly rentals out of Airplanes for Rent and Richards Aviation. Thank God for these people who rent and maintain airplanes for us to bounce and abuse. Luckily, that doesn't happen much anymore, but we have all had our days......especially me. Enjoying this part of my training where I can experience flying to a location by myself and the special feeling after arriving, climbing out and saying," I made it!" Woo-Hoo. Looking for people who may be interested in a partnership in the next year or so. Something in the training class, ie., 172 or Cherokee-140, etc. Although I have no problem renting, I foresee travelling with minimum hour requirements per day will put the cost way past just driving or flying commercial. So just looking out for people in this area looking for the same. FXE or Pompano PMP would be ideal. Some people don't like FXE because of the traffic, but I've flown in/out of there long enough for it to not bother me.
Thanks to all the regular contributors for their knowledge and time.

Gene

When I need to rent, I usually go through Richard's as well. A buddy of mine instructs through him.

I miss FXE. I used to fly with the folks at Airborne Systems and Oney Ramirez (RIP).

I've met Vinnie. Decided to go with a private instructor vs the school thing. Could not be happier with my choice. As others have said, the instructor is one of the most important parts. I need someone who can work with my crazy schedule. Airborne does have nice planes though. Right now I also prefer steam gauges over glass.

+1 For Richard's Flight Training you are in good company, Mr. Richards is an exceptional gentleman.

I finished my PPL using his planes at FXE, I still rent from him when visiting Florida.

Back