Anyone Still Use Airnav?

From airnav:
"All our comments are highly reputable, by authors who are willing to put their good name and reputation behind what they write"
Jay posts under his real name on this board. You represent airnav, so why don't you do the same?

Jay posts under his real name on this board. You represent airnav, so why don't you do the same?
Not required by PoA rules. Jay is the exception here rather than the rule. Just look through this or any PoA thread and you will see that the vast majority of people use screen names here. Different forum, different rules. Right, murphey?

As I said earlier, I've gone through the Airnav negative comment process, and the comment is still there after a few emails with Gina.
I thought it was a fair process, others seem to have different opinions.

Not required by PoA rules. Jay is the exception here rather than the rule. Just look through this or any PoA thread and you will see that the vast majority of people use screen names here. Different forum, different rules. Right, murphey?
Responded privately, and used my real name.

Hello AirNav Guy. Good suggestions have been made about adding fee information to airport and FBO listings. Initially having fuel prices available was huge, but now the most time consuming part of flight planning to a new destination is trying to figure out how much it will cost me.
Jon

Mr. "nameless" airnav can come here claiming lies, but I don't buy it. I KNOW what happened with the crooked business I put the red flag on the Airnav site. They allowed the business to post libelous comments about me in the guise of other "users" of the site and they removed my comments.

They've also knocked down positive reviews and listings of going concerns that don't pay for advertising. They can run their site anyway they please, but be it known they are BEHOLDEN to their advertisers and it is NOT a neutral site.

So sorry, but you can't post as BigBadLou on AirNav. All our comments are highly reputable, by authors who are willing to put their good name and reputation behind what they write. We respect that you may wish to keep your identity private, but then please don't write comments on AirNav. If you ever change your mind and want to publish under your real name, I am sure Jay would appreciate a review of your April stay.
Understood.
After discussing options with Gina from AirNav, I bit the bullet (for Jay) and agreed to go ahead with an amicable solution that she proposed. So whenever y'all get a minute, Jay sure would appreciate if you could post the review of his well-run customer-oriented business.

That's right, a made up username is not good enough to post comments on AirNav. All comments on AirNav have to abide by our policy on comments, and you check the box agreeing to it when you submit a comment for publication on AirNav. Rule #7 says:
Comment authors must provide their true identity when obtaining their AirNav user ID that is required to post comments, and must use their own AirNav user ID when submitting the comments. Any attempts to conceal or deceive identity, contact information or affiliation, or to impersonate others, may result in cancellation of comments, termination of account, and possibly other actions.​
Just for fun, looking at your policy, one gotta ask oneself how you enforce all the rules pertaining to identity. Short of checking state IDs, you cannot possibly know who your users truly are. And I wonder how many users would be comfortable sending photocopies of their IDs to some unknown unverified Internet page. Y'all claim to be in Atlanta but users have no way of verifying that, they do not know y'all's true identity either. For all they know, y'all might be another information-collection business in China. So see, this sword is double-edged. Internet gets pretty complicated.

I find Airnav's fuel price page very handy! I use that together with Skyvector's fuel price information when I'm planning my fuel stops.

Understood.
After discussing options with Gina from AirNav, I bit the bullet (for Jay) and agreed to go ahead with an amicable solution that she proposed. So whenever y'all get a minute, Jay sure would appreciate if you could post the review of his well-run customer-oriented business.

Just for fun, looking at your policy, one gotta ask oneself how you enforce all the rules pertaining to identity. Short of checking state IDs, you cannot possibly know who your users truly are. And I wonder how many users would be comfortable sending photocopies of their IDs to some unknown unverified Internet page. Y'all claim to be in Atlanta but users have no way of verifying that, they do not know y'all's true identity either. For all they know, y'all might be another information-collection business in China. So see, this sword is double-edged. Internet gets pretty complicated.

I finally got around to asking Gina at Airnav about this, since it was still not showing up.

She said you tried to post a review of Amelia's Landing by identifying your name as "NO NAME". lol

Your review is still not posted, nor will it ever be, until you list your name.

I posted once on Airnav, but I probably won't again, unless they start requiring a login before their readers can see my name.

That's because I limit the web-search presence of my real name to my profession. It just isn't helpful for my career, if someone googles my name and finds me expressing my thoughts on something unrelated to my work, such as the snack machine in some remote airport.

I do pay for AirBoss. I probably don't break even on it, but I like it as a way to support the site, which I find to be useful.

Last edited:
Airnav.com has flight planning? It's a great way to quickly check on an airport, lol up a Sectional or see how far KXYZ is from home (for those made you posters who mention events / food at an airport but never me to on if it's in California, Maine or some far part of Texas.

And it works on every computer--home, work, hotel, my phone, my Samsung tablet, my wife's ipad, my buddy's phone, etc.

That's because you can't pay for reviews. You are not paying us good money for reviews. You are paying to advertise your inn, not for the customer comments. Sorry, Jay.

What a stupid comment!

I said "I'm not paying Airnav good money to REMOVE good reviews." I didn't say anything about paying FOR reviews, which of course would be improper.

Your website is rapidly losing its appeal for me.

I finally got around to asking Gina at Airnav about this, since it was still not showing up.

She said you tried to post a review of Amelia's Landing by identifying your name as "NO NAME". lol

Your review is still not posted, nor will it ever be, until you list your name.
Last I spoke with Gina (via email), she offered an option (which I did not know about) for me disclose my first name but only last initial which is acceptable to me and to which I agreed.
Haven't heard anything since.
If you want to poke them some more to unblock my account and your review, go for it.

My biggest difficulty is finding out where on the dang airfield the FBO and parking is. I hate taxiing around looking for my FBO, especially with a big or busy field. AirNav is great for this.

Cheers,

I have written many positive and a few negative reviews on AirNav. In one case regarding an aging review, the FBO objected, and I worked with Gina to have an updated acceptable negative review published. I have no issues with their objectivity.

However, I agree that fuel prices are now available from a number of providers, including in my case Garmin Pilot. I use AirNav for at-home flight planning on my desktop and ;like the feature that lists fuel prices for a number of nearby airports. I also still use AirNav for general information. Sometimes the commenters appear to be shilling for FBOs but usually not. I REALLY agree that a pilot-accessible data base of FBO fees is badly needed and I hope AirNav picks up the challenge: this would make their web site unique again.

Don

on occasion I use it to search for useful information.

airnav.jpg

Back