Anyone remember the FL390 blog?

AndyMac

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Andy
Capitan Dave blogged at flightlevel390.blogspot.com for more than 13 years. Anyone remember this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to love his blog. I’ve missed it. It’s been gone for, what, a decade or more?

There was also a American dude that ran a blog and YouTube channel called Cockpit Chronicles. I use to love reading his weekly blogs and YouTube. He just stopped one day and never posted again.

People disappear all the time and we never know it, if we don’t have a personal connection. My mind wandered a bit when I saw vehicles left in long term parking lots that got closed during COVID. Even ten months later, still a smattering of cars remain . Are the owners stuck overseas? Lose their income and can’t pay? Did they die out on a trip somewhere? I suppose things like that happen.

People disappear all the time and we never know it[...]

You're completely right. Something tells me Captain Dave is happily retired somewhere though - just wish it were here on PoA lol.

I always had the feeling he was a US Air(ways) guy.

November 30, 2012
Flight Level 390 and Captain Dave: Status
As so many others have asked me in comments or in email: "Off topic: Does anyone know what happened To Capt. Dave? Flight Level 390 has disappeared from the blogosphere. I miss him."

Here's what I know: I've been in a brief email exchange with Capt. Dave and he tells me that he may well be back in the future with Flight Level 390 but with another blogging platform.

When I know more, you'll know too.

Posted by gerardvanderleun at November 30, 2012 2:54 PM

Wait wait. @Patrick was that posted here in 2012??

Capitan Dave blogged at flightlevel390.blogspot.com for more than 13 years. Anyone remember this?

Gerard Vanderleun in a post on November 30, 2012 mentioned having been in contact with Captain Dave, and now Gerard Vanderleun has left us. He passed away on January 27, 2023.

He asked that his blog, American Digest, be left available for two years from the time of his death and then to be taken down. There's a year or so to go if you want to capture the contents. He was an extraordinary writer.

There was also an American dude that ran a blog and YouTube channel called Cockpit Chronicles. I use to love reading his weekly blogs and YouTube. He just stopped one day and never posted again.
That’s me. I’m still flying, with 10 years left to go. But flying paragliders the last 10 years and now in a Husky has me satisfied and occupied. That and lurking on POA.

Back