Anyone Notice TV/Movies that lack Post-Edit Processing

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
I'm currently sitting waiting on my oil change at the dealership. Several of the patrons are watching a Star Trek:NG episode. While watching I've noticed that the episode lacks any post processing and looks like a direct cut B-Roll off the cameras.

Does anyone ever notice these thugs while watching movies and/or TV shows? The movie 2012 has a HORRIBLE cut over to direct cut footage towards the end of the film. It drove me nuts enough that I walked out of the theater. It seems they re-filmed a scene and forgot to do any final touch ups.

My friends often think I'm crazy because they don't notice anything different with the picture. I often credit being raised at my dad's TV studio office as the reason I can notice such things.

I'm not sure what effect you're talking about, but I hate, hate, hate the frame interpolation on modern HD tvs. Makes film look like a cheap 80s video camera. First thing I do on a new set is go back to the uninterpolated 24fps output.

Yeah that old VHS 80s camera. :D

The look I'm talking about is hard to describe. It looks unfinished and like your watching a home movie.

I'm not sure what effect you're talking about, but I hate, hate, hate the frame interpolation on modern HD tvs. Makes film look like a cheap 80s video camera. First thing I do on a new set is go back to the uninterpolated 24fps output.

Hate that too. I think it looks like a soap opera

I'm betting it's the TV because I watched St:TNG not too long ago (within the past week) and didn't see what you are describing.

I'm betting it's the TV because I watched St:TNG not too long ago (within the past week) and didn't see what you are describing.

Yeah I watch St:NG all the time and this was my first time seeing this with ST. I figured at first the original footage was damaged so they just used a backup roll. But I'm also noticing frame jumps and freezes.

Personally, I miss the laugh track. Where has the laugh track gone?

Rich

This.

To me, it makes everything look like it's a documentary, if that makes any sense. Drives me nuts.

Back