Display Name

Display name:
weilke
Looks like folks in NC have one they would gladly give to a caring home:

Attachments

• motherofallTFRs.png
    motherofallTFRs.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 84
He's just posting the obnoxiously large Presidential "Bus Tour" TFR that's covering a huge geographical area.

He's just posting the obnoxiously large Presidential "Bus Tour" TFR that's covering a huge geographical area.

Little does the bureaucrats know, all it really does is high light the target on a sectional.

I only caught the first two days of this madness. If you can plot this out to thursday, the entire eastern state plus VA is covered with this caterpillar shaped 'thing'.

If you read the airspace bulletin, the times that the various components go active are variable and depend on how fast the bus moves or changes in schedule of the campaign events.

I really hope that some changes come to Presidential TFRs sooner or later. All of Las Vegas GA shuts down whenever he's around.. pretty annoying and I can't imagine it really protects the President to have my little rented DA40 grounded 20 miles away from him. Why not just require pilots to stick to an IFR flight plan but let them fly or risk intercept...

(I'm sure it's been discussed before, but had to give my 0.02 since it seems like they cover Las Vegas more than they should.)

I really hope that some changes come to Presidential TFRs sooner or later. All of Las Vegas GA shuts down whenever he's around.. pretty annoying and I can't imagine it really protects the President to have my little rented DA40 grounded 20 miles away from him. Why not just require pilots to stick to an IFR flight plan but let them fly or risk intercept...

Or how about a notam: The president will be in an area bounded by A/B/C coordinates. Aircraft deemed ot be a threat to the ViP may be intercepted by armed air force or customs fixed wing aircraft or helicopters. Aircraft operating in the area are who are not on an IFR clearance are advised to keep watch on 121.5mHz and to review standard intercept procedures prior to departing.

I dont think the safety of anyone on the ground or in the air would be negatively impacted. Maybe add something about restricting news choppers or flying onlookers from 'loitering' in the area.

(I'm sure it's been discussed before, but had to give my 0.02 since it seems like they cover Las Vegas more than they should.)

No training, no gliders, no balloons, no model RC aircraft.
At least 7 flight schools shut down.
So much for his Jobs Bill.

Back