Anyone Near Mason City, Iowa?

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
Actually, Greene, IA, which isn't far from Mason City.

I've got a classic car I need someone to check out. Any car guys in Iowa?

I posted in the wrong thread. Get Rick Mascari to fly his Cherokee 400 up and take a look at it. He's retired.

I posted in the wrong thread. Get Rick Mascari to fly his Cherokee 400 up and take a look at it. He's retired.

Great minds think alike. I've already been in touch with Rick!

But he's still 120 miles away. Someone in the area might be a better option.

My son lived in Mason City for a few years but they are back in Cedar Rapids. And he doesn't know anything about airplanes, in any case.

Does he know anything about cars?

Hey, that's not nice :). I grew up in Osage, IA which is just roughly 20 miles from Greene, IA...

It was a play on a post Jay made in another thread. I've been to Iowa twice, stopped in Keokuk for fuel then overnighted in Ames while westbound; coming back a week later, I stopped in Keokuk again, long enough to run into town for lunch. It's a cool place.

It was a play on a post Jay made in another thread. I've been to Iowa twice, stopped in Keokuk for fuel then overnighted in Ames while westbound; coming back a week later, I stopped in Keokuk again, long enough to run into town for lunch. It's a cool place.
I lived in Iowa for 14 years. It was a great place to raise my kids.

Unfortunately, there are fewer people in Iowa than there are in the city of Houston, and there's a whole lot of nuthin' there, especially on the West end of the state where this car is located.

Oh, well.

I lived in Iowa for 14 years. It was a great place to raise my kids.

Unfortunately, there are fewer people in Iowa than there are in the city of Houston, and there's a whole lot of nuthin' there, especially on the West end of the state where this car is located.

Oh, well.

How is Greene on the west end of the state? I think a closer inspection of a map might be in order?

I'm probably closer than any of the other suggestions so far, but don't have enough time in the near future to drive up there and give it a proper inspection. If there was an airport in Greene I'd just fly over and have a look at it.

How is Greene on the west end of the state? I think a closer inspection of a map might be in order?

I'm probably closer than any of the other suggestions so far, but don't have enough time in the near future to drive up there and give it a proper inspection. If there was an airport in Greene I'd just fly over and have a look at it.
When you lived on the East end for many years, as we did, almost everything is "on the West end of the State".

It's like "Up North" in Wisconsin. If you lived where we did, anything North of Milwaukee was "Up North". If you lived in Green Bay, "Up North" was the U.P.

Many of our airports have courtesy cars. I bet a quick call to the airport manager to explain the situation plus a little bonus might convince them to let you take it from the closes airport. I'm in Des Moines but that's not exactly close.

Waverly and Charles city are not to far and might have a car.

Back