Anyone looking for a ride in North East?

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Anyone looking for a ride in the North East?

Gil and I are planning on flying down from HPN early in his 172, airborne by 6:30am at the latest. Is anyone looking for a ride somewhere between the HPN area and Pittsburgh willing to split the fuel cost 3-ways for the trip?

Best,

Last edited:
Re: Anyone looking for a ride in NE?

uh....er.....oh.... you mean "Northeast".....:goofy:

uh....er.....oh.... you mean "Northeast".....:goofy:

What's wrong with NE? Lot's of good pilots here. I think they all live in Lincoln.

Jason, I'd like to go to Gastons, but Missa probably doesn't want to take the Archer with me, so I would certainly be interested. IPT is pretty much on the way. I'm guessing you're talking about leaving HPN at 6:30 AM on Friday the 6th with the intention of heading straight down? As another option, you'd be welcome to fly HPN to IPT the night before (I can arrange free parking) and spend the night at my house, and then we can head out early in the morning to get a better head start. Only issue out of IPT is we frequently have morning instrument conditions, would we have an IFR pilot?

Also, would there be opportunities to fly or just pay for fuel? :)

Fixed the thread title for you:
UPDATE thread SET title = 'Anyone looking for a ride in North East?' WHERE threadid=20981 LIMIT 1;

Jason, I'd like to go to Gastons, but Missa probably doesn't want to take the Archer with me, so I would certainly be interested. IPT is pretty much on the way. I'm guessing you're talking about leaving HPN at 6:30 AM on Friday the 6th with the intention of heading straight down? As another option, you'd be welcome to fly HPN to IPT the night before (I can arrange free parking) and spend the night at my house, and then we can head out early in the morning to get a better head start. Only issue out of IPT is we frequently have morning instrument conditions, would we have an IFR pilot?

Also, would there be opportunities to fly or just pay for fuel? :)

I'll talk with Gil about it, but my preference would be to do all of the flying on Friday the 6th. He's instrument rated. PM me your e-mail address and we can start a discussion, the three of us. We were planning on switching off each leg so I can build up some XC time for my commercial which isn't too far away, but I'm sure we can arrange something.

Best,

Last edited:

We were planning on switching off each leg so I can build up some XC time for my commercial.

About the same reason Ted was asking... he's trying to build time but really it's so he can get insurance on a twin... :D

About the same reason Ted was asking... he's trying to build time but really it's so he can get insurance on a twin... :D

Actually, in the more short term it is so I can log those PIC XC hours and get some hood time to work towards my IR requirements. The 200 hours minimum to get insurnace on the twin I'll build up fast enough. 73 hours as of yesterday, that makes close to 30 since I had my check ride, which was under 2 months ago. And virtually all of those hours are PIC XC. :)

The big thing, Missa, is whether or not you will come, which would be most nifty, because then we can take the Archer and I can get a lot of hours doing both. :D

Flying.... Shane.... Flying.... Shane....?

Guess Shane is something special

Flying.... Shane.... Flying.... Shane....?

Guess Shane is something special

Clearly, your priorities are out of whack. :D

(This from the guy who gave up on the twin-turbo V12 he was 60% done with and 2 years into when he started dating some Texas girl... not all my exs live in Texas, but now one does)

Clearly, your priorities are out of whack. :D

(This from the guy who gave up on the twin-turbo V12 he was 60% done with and 2 years into when he started dating some Texas girl... not all my exs live in Texas, but now one does)

And he told me I should go... :rolleyes:

Back