Anyone looking for a fun car?

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/ford/unspecified/1690382.html

This is cool as is, and has lots of potential to be made cooler. I would consider swapping the transmission for a modern overdrive compulsatory, but that's about it. With the 255 and the extras it comes with, it should be plenty of a hoot to drive. Then you could do some really neat drive train options to consider as well. The cool thing about Altered projects like this is you can easily modify anything. Want to put in an XJS drivetrain? No worries, lots of cool options if someone wanted a fun project base to play with.

Do you steer w/ your feet?
It has a rudder.

Airframe parts: FAIL! That is a vertical stab.

Awesome, wish I didn't have all my project money (and time) tied up right now. Would make a great Prom car for my son.

AWESOME prom and college car. Any convertible top/boat upholstery shop can build a low cost convertible top for it.

I would keep it old school, but a couple more carburetors sticking through the hood would make it look meaner.

An old Desoto 331 Hemi would be pretty old school. It comes with a twin Stromberg 97 set and a set of Edelbrock aluminum heads in the deal though. The transmission I would still go modern OD.

An old Desoto 331 Hemi would be pretty old school. It comes with a twin Stromberg 97 set and a set of Edelbrock aluminum heads in the deal though. The transmission I would still go modern OD.

Change the Strombergs to 48 (if I remember right the 97 was 150 CFM and the 48 was 170 CFM, I may have that backwards) and the aluminum heads.....Please don't tell me you have a 331 hemi sitting around. I may have to find the cash to put it all together, something I am rather short of right now.

And I will agree to a newer O/D transmission, and disc brakes all around.

Uh oh... deal killer. My wife just walked in and saw the pictures....she said no way, at least not until she gets a car.

As we all know...If momma ain't happy......

But still.... What she doesn't see won't hurt me. :lol:

Change the Strombergs to 48 (if I remember right the 97 was 150 CFM and the 48 was 170 CFM, I may have that backwards) and the aluminum heads.....Please don't tell me you have a 331 hemi sitting around. I may have to find the cash to put it all together, something I am rather short of right now.

And I will agree to a newer O/D transmission, and disc brakes all around.

Uh oh... deal killer. My wife just walked in and saw the pictures....she said no way, at least not until she gets a car.

As we all know...If momma ain't happy......

But still.... What she doesn't see won't hurt me. :lol:

No, no 331, but the old hemis are easier to find than you may think.

I do know where there's a 1981 Dodge Omni you can get the wife for $300.:D

I'd put a real lumpy cam in it just so that is shakes, cackles, and spits at idle.

Back