Anyone looking for a 4 seater MESSERSCHMITT?

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
Cool plane for $85k, probably needs a few bucks spend on it, but man that would beat the heck out of a C182 or a Cirrus!

http://www.platinumfighters.com/#!me-108/p2emq

24414f_cf24231495154b7eac874bddbc778d7b.jpg

Neat, not a real 108 (It's a Nord license which s different FWF which is good because the V-8 in the real 108 is unsupportable.) but still a very cool rendition of it.

The width of that landing gear will surely put hair on your chest.

No worse than a Cessna TD, Citabria, or PA series. :dunno: unless they are really wide, once they get inside a certain 'tipping' point, there's not a whole lot of difference that makes, it's more the tail couple length ratio.

Last edited:
I saw a real ME-108 Taifun at a local airshow once. Very cool! If you want to see them flying, the used them as substitutes for 109's in the movie "Von Ryan's Express".

That would be different alright. Especially if it was to be painted in something like 1942 Luftwaffe and you dressed like this to fly it:

(with no intent to offend anyone)

That rudder looks far to small...
Here's the one on display at the Deutsches Museum in Munich:

IMG_1133.jpg

And here's the blue 108 parked next to its cousin, the 109. That splayed-out main gear together with all that power and the big three-bladed gyroscope, must really have made things interesting.

IMG_1132.jpg

Meh, looks cool and I'd wager it's got some decent performance.

No worse than a Cessna TD, Citabria, or PA series. :dunno: unless they are really wide, once they get inside a certain 'tipping' point, there's not a whole lot of difference that makes, it's more the tail couple length ratio.

The swift is very short coupled but the wide gear and disc brakes make up for it. Lots of differential braking when you run out of rudder.

The swift is very short coupled but the wide gear and disc brakes make up for it. Lots of differential braking when you run out of rudder.

Right, you look at all the good short couple designs P-47 is a great one too, and they put their gear well outside that point. You need one or the other, but not particularly both, to make it a decent plane.

Meh, looks cool and I'd wager it's got some decent performance.
One source says the Bf.108B with 240 hp had a top speed of 162 knots, MGW 3,053 lb and useful load of 1,113 lb. During the war, Bf.108s were used by the Luftwaffe, also by Bulgaria, Hungary, Japan, Romania, USSR, Switzerland and Yugoslavia. RAF even operated a couple that had been confiscated from the German embassy at the start of the war.

Anyone looking for a 2 seater MESSERSCHMITT?

IMG_1205.jpg

I saw one of those driving in Berlin last time I was there. They're pretty cool and like Isetas have a following that isn't rich, so you can get a cool collector car to go to car shows with for a reasonable price.

That would be different alright. Especially if it was to be painted in something like 1942 Luftwaffe and you dressed like this to fly it:

(with no intent to offend anyone)

Oh, you're right, look at those shoes! I would never wear those when I fly.

One source says the Bf.108B with 240 hp had a top speed of 162 knots, MGW 3,053 lb and useful load of 1,113 lb. During the war, Bf.108s were used by the Luftwaffe, also by Bulgaria, Hungary, Japan, Romania, USSR, Switzerland and Yugoslavia. RAF even operated a couple that had been confiscated from the German embassy at the start of the war.

Not shabby! If I were in the Bo, Mooney, 182, cirrus, etc market I'd be all over this plane, tons cooler than the others, probably built like a tank and a head turner to boot, plus it's got a stick (real one, not a side stick).

Not shabby! If I were in the Bo, Mooney, 182, cirrus, etc market I'd be all over this plane, tons cooler than the others, probably built like a tank and a head turner to boot, plus it's got a stick (real one, not a side stick).
William Green's Aircraft of The World (1965) says with 240 hp Argus As 10c eight-cylinder engine, cruising speed 140 knots at 8,000 ft; service ceiling 20,340 ft; time to climb to 2000 meters (6,560') 7.5 minutes.

William Green's Aircraft of The World (1965) says with 240 hp Argus As 10c eight-cylinder engine, cruising speed 140 knots at 8,000 ft; service ceiling 20,340 ft; time to climb to 2000 meters (6,560') 7.5 minutes.

This one uses the Renault 6Q 230hp.

And here's the blue 108 parked next to its cousin, the 109. That splayed-out main gear together with all that power and the big three-bladed gyroscope, must really have made things interesting.

IMG_1132.jpg

That's an understatement. As the war progressed, pilots were put into them with less and less experience. I met a couple of guys who survived that time. The planes were modular and wings and props were a consumable. Whenever one was ground looped, they would tow the wreck to the shop, take a replacement wing off the shelf and put it back together within a couple of hours. The engines had a TBO of only a few hours, each airfield had an overhaul shop where workers from Daimler would replace bearings and pistons. Engine and mount were one unit that was fastened to the firewall with a few bolts. Electrical and fuel connections where color-coded with plugs.

I don't want to have to clean Messerschitt off of 1 seat, let alone 4.

You'd be one cool fokker in that plane.

Would this have to be registered as a warplane even though it was just a transport aircraft or is that just for actual fighters/bomber aircraft?

Also wasn't this the aircraft used in the Great Escape movie ?

Would this have to be registered as a warplane even though it was just a transport aircraft or is that just for actual fighters/bomber aircraft?

Also wasn't this the aircraft used in the Great Escape movie ?

:confused: Registered as a warplane?:confused: Never heard of that, who do you do that with, DoD or DoS, because it sure ain't DOT/FAA.

Back