Anyone know if OSH is an unsafe place to be?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Was just curious if anyone knew if that was the case.

Sorry. I've been reading tags again.

U mean, like, will there be Bloods and Crips there? I think you'll be aight. :)

There could always be a prison break. Oshkosh Correctional is only a few miles to the north. All them planes close by could make for a quick getaway.

U mean, like, will there be Bloods and Crips there? I think you'll be aight. :)

hahaha!

I was looking at tags. A lot are funny but someone really thinks OSH is unsafe

99991013184.jpg

Nearly getting ran over by delivery trucks and ATV's seemed like the most unsafe thing at Osh 12.

All the naysayers coming in without a metal landing calculator are some dangerous mother****ers no doubt. :goofy:

You could drop your phone in a porta potty. :yikes:

You could get sunburn. :redface:

You could run out of money. :dunno:

You could fall in love with the barmaids at SOS. :nono:

You could get some great information on flying, fuel, oil, engine maintenance, homebuilts, avionics, and have a good time! :yes:

Danergous? Yes, stay home. ;)

Last edited:
What does that mean "reading tags"

Hashtags?

Last edited:
What does that mean "reading tags"

Hashtags?

The bottom of posts have a place for "tags" sort of a reference to the content of the thread. Mostly they are smart a$$ remarks. :D

I've never seen them, I must have them turned off in CP.

Jay, off topic, any idea what that weird shaped TFR is down near you?

Jay, off topic, any idea what that weird shaped TFR is down near you?

It's a weird TFR in many ways.

a) It ain't "temporary". It's been there for four-plus years.

b) It ain't like a real TFR. ATC lets us fly through it all the time.

It's there so that the Navy can fly their Predator drones out of Corpus Christi Naval Air Station. They circle up to 18,000' -- and disappear. No one knows where they're going, but we all assume it's border patrol.

As such, it's treated more like an MOA.

I've never seen them, I must have them turned off in CP.

Just click on "new posts" and to the right of each topic, you will see little blue tags.

hover your mouse over them. You can see what people have tagged. they are snarky and sometimes funny. I noticed any thread that has OSH in it was tagged "unsafe"

There could always be a prison break. Oshkosh Correctional is only a few miles to the north. All them planes close by could make for a quick getaway.

Story time! :D

Back in my ultralight days I did a low level pass on the grass strip at the camp ground just to the south of the prison to see what kind of shape it was in. I did not know it was a prison! Fly right over the prison about 300' ago. :nono: Look down and saw inmates looking up at me. :rofl: :eek:

I came around and landed, and walked to the private home I was staying in. Didn't talk about that stupid pilot trick much. :redface:

can we tell who placed a tag? for example these 'unsafe place to be' tags?

oh, sorry, I guess it doesn't give you who created the tag, my bad.

yes, you can. at the bottom of the post where you see 'tags', click on one.

for example in this thread:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73206

it's tagged 'waste of money'

if I click on the tag near the end of the thread, I just get a list of other threads with the same tag, not I'm not seeing the author of the tag.

sorry for my ignorance, just trying to learn

edit: I just saw your revised post above, thanks.

Man, a lot of them are funny.

My favorite is on thread "What is an emergency" which is tagged "engine start for some"

Just when I thought there was no such thing as stupid question - If something or someone makes you think AirVenture/Oshkosh is unsafe you probably best not leave your house because the world is just plain scary.

Yeah, so it was sarcasm.
All the OSH posts are tagged by someone "unsafe place to be"

Back