Anyone know anything about the SAG?

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
So not that I'm thinking to changing jobs, but I did some on screen flying work a while ago that qualifies me to join SAG, currently I still get residuals, still am "cleared to work", but for me to full on go from being just a SAG number to a card carrying member it's like 3amu.

Wouldn't mind doing more work as it was pretty fun and it paid damn well for the amount of work I did.

Does anyone know if it's actually worth 750 gallons of 100ll, 600 pints of beer, or a weekend in Vegas ?

We just didn’t know they were casting for a remake of All In The Family with you as Archie Bunker, James! LOL.

In all honesty though, I’m sure the flying stuff is pretty neat, what little of it they use with drones and CGI nowadays.

SAGAFTRA is a union. If any of the union benefits are worth it to you now or in the future, then card member might be worth it.

SAGAFTRA is a union. If any of the union benefits are worth it to you now or in the future, then card member might be worth it.

So that's the thing, the dude said I still have the protections, whatever that means, but when asked why should I pay the 3k he said I could vote on the SAG awards (I don't even watch it), and I get some discounts, which I also get with AAA but for waaaay less than 3k, I mean there has to be something else for 3 large right?

Ahh, I'd give myself chit too for that comment lol

So that's the thing, the dude said I still have the protections, whatever that means, but when asked why should I pay the 3k he said I could vote on the SAG awards (I don't even watch it), and I get some discounts, which I also get with AAA but for waaaay less than 3k, I mean there has to be something else for 3 large right?
"The protections" that protect your virtue and/or prevent you prostituting yourself for a job, for starters?
Guideline No. 1 calls for a STOP to meetings in private hotels and residences; SUPPORT of each other as we put an end to this practice and insist on a Support Peer to join us at an audition or meeting in a high-risk location; and asks that you REPORT any abuse of SAG-AFTRA contract provisions and any time you feel unsafe as a result of being required to hold a professional meeting in a high-risk location.

"The protections" that protect your virtue and/or prevent you prostituting yourself for a job, for starters?

Hold up, I can't prostitute myself.....damnit!

But I think I'll just stick with what I got unless someone makes a big deal over it.

Last edited:
If you pay the $3000 do they guarantee work that pays at least $3000? That’s the way to look at it.

Secondarily, make sure the job title doesn’t say “gigolo”. LOL LOL LOL.

I had a friend who did a lot of stuff and made pretty descent money when he was in the SAG. He actually even got an extremely small speaking part (I honestly think it was "here you go sir" or something to that effect) that bumped him up into the next pay scale

He seemed to enjoy it.. there was a lot of standing around and waiting doing nothing also, but he liked it

Back