anyone know about G & N Engine Overhauls

Jeanie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jeanie
I am looking at a Super Decathlon that has had an engine overhaul by a company named G & N - right now that's the only info I have on it.
Ever heard of it?
I can ask the owner what it stands for if it's not readily apparent you folks w/ experience.
Thanks

Thanks Dave - duh who woulda thought to google them first.... you!

Yes I know about them.

They are at the Griffin Merrillvile Airport in NW Indiana and they did the overhaul on my engine. They do have a good reputation and did a fine job on my engine. They do many overhauls in the area and I can say I have not heard one bad thing about them.
In our area there are two really good engine shops with G&N being one of them.

Last edited:
I've heard nothing but good things about G & N's overhauls. They are pretty common around this area (Michigan)

Barb

When I bought my Baron one of the engines had 200 hours past a G&N overhaul. I ran that engine about 400 hours beyond TBO without any significant problems and it was still running strong when I replaced it. Of course that overhaul occurred close to 20 years ago so it's possible things have gone downhill at G&N since then but I doubt it. AFaIK they are still considered one of the top engine rebuilders in the midwest.

Well, I guess I can consider it good then and just look at the other aspects of the plane before I make an offer.
Thanks

Back